What's new

Canuck Kava

CanAwa

1 kava 2 kava 3 kava COUCH
Looking for Canadian kava drinkers to talk about buying and shipping experience

CanAwa

Hey Chris

I thought that it wasn't but it's legal for me to import it for personal use ...as far as I know I can only ship 90 days worth at a time ..what I'm trying to figure out is how much that is ? The ban in Canada was on companies selling it here ..from what I can tell the ban was caused by herbal companies selling leaf and stem in there pills

steevy66

Kava Curious
Hi Kavanewb,

Fellow Canuck here, been lurking on this forum for a short while... Just discovered and got into kava last year in November. This forum and the Kavasseur's blog have been invaluable sources of info on quality vendors and prep tips.

As far as the legality in Canada, you are right it is legal to import it for personal use but not for resale. My first buying experience was from Kona Kava Farm because it was the first link that popped up on a google search, haha! I'm sure many kava noobs have fallen for this, needless to say the quality left much to be desired but the 1lb bag I got from them was perfect to get me through the RT. Funny but they were the quickest for shipping of the 3 vendors I have tried ( about 1 week ) the others I have ordered from are Paradise Kava and Bula Kava House both of which are closer to 2 weeks shipping time taking into account customs clearance time. I've used BKH the most as personally I prefer their selection and prices.

I'm currently out and waiting on some Melo Melo and Boroguru, nothing like hunkering down with a few shells of kava during this deep freeze! I'm in Winnipeg and we've had an abnormally cold winter so far with an insane amount of snow, so glad I discovered this amazing root and it's wonderful effects.

Anyways, Cheers! And Stay Warm!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CanAwa

Hi Kavanewb,

Fellow Canuck here, been lurking on this forum for a short while... Just discovered and got into kava last year in November. This forum and the Kavasseur's blog have been invaluable sources of info on quality vendors and prep tips.

As far as the legality in Canada, you are right it is legal to import it for personal use but not for resale. My first buying experience was from Kona Kava Farm because it was the first link that popped up on a google search, haha! I'm sure many kava noobs have fallen for this, needless to say the quality left much to be desired but the 1lb bag I got from them was perfect to get me through the RT. Funny but they were the quickest for shipping of the 3 vendors I have tried ( about 1 week ) the others I have ordered from are Paradise Kava and Bula Kava House both of which are closer to 2 weeks shipping time taking into account customs clearance time. I've used BKH the most as personally I prefer their selection and prices.

I'm currently out and waiting on some Melo Melo and Boroguru, nothing like hunkering down with a few shells of kava during this deep freeze! I'm in Winnipeg and we've had an abnormally cold winter so far with an insane amount of snow, so glad I discovered this amazing root and it's wonderful effects.

Anyways, Cheers! And Stay Warm!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glad to see some other Canadians digging the kava . I saw kona kava farms first as I was researching but with any company I usually do my homework and found that almost all people were disappointed with the product . So I found this forum and found that most went with bkh and paradise ..I'm sure I will experiment . Still waiting on a order from paradise. I ordered the premium Fijian kava to start with as I have yet to try it ..but I'm sure I'll like it ..the effects everyone are talking about sound right up my alley . As for the weather I live in Ontario and it has been a brutal winter ..snowwise and cold so I'm looking forward to a warm toasty calm feeling
Cheers

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Just to let you know. You hit a home run by getting PK Fijian. I've never had kava that turned my gloves an intense shade of dark green before Fijian. It's excellent kava. Also Adil, the owner, is a stand up guy. He's usually more active around here, but I hear he's off on the other side of the world right now.

CanAwa

Just to let you know. You hit a home run by getting PK Fijian. I've never had kava that turned my gloves an intense shade of dark green before Fijian. It's excellent kava. Also Adil, the owner, is a stand up guy. He's usually more active around here, but I hear he's off on the other side of the world right now.
Well I read a lot about it and the effects it gave and it sounded exactly like what I was hoping for . And I've also heard about Adil and his passion for great kava . I also ordered a pound off amazon of mood and mind premium Vanuatu kava ..price was right and people that left comments on amazon were quite positive. I think it will be here before the paradise so I'll prob start with that ..although I HAVE not heard of this company being reviewed on here so that makes me wonder

endwatcher

Is there death before life?

I 110% agree, its my fave.

just got 2 more pounds in yesterday, gonna get meditative tonight!

Wish I was off in some far away tropical paradise; drinking Awa! :(

Skywalker

Kava Enthusiast
Canuck here to (BC). Wakacon used to ship on amazon, but now won't ship less than 44 pounds. I'd say your best bet is Adil, or BKH. Be prepared to pay for shipping though. Let me know if you find any deals. Heard that other brand on amazon wasn't so good?