What's new

Chugging some Kava Lapita tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cmessier

Kava Enthusiast
Decided to try something new. Kavafied puts out real quality stuff. Read a few reviews and the "dreamy" bit sounded like just what I wanted.

So 3 shells in...here's what I think.

Taste is awful. But that's subjective. I'm traumatized by starwest and this stuff tastes a little like it. A sort of rotten sweetness under a lot of pepper. But we dont indulge in our beloved root for the taste so who cares.

Effects so far are surprising. I'm planted. I usually shell like crazy and play video games. After these few shells I stopped playing. Dont feel like it. Dont feel like moving. Feels nice. I normally think at a thousand miles an hour. Now Im not. Im just. ....chill. I just want to watch tv or read or do something with no movement involved.

My anxiety is basically gone. And I have a ton of it. I'm not ready for bed yet but I feel it coming. Feels like I'll sleep really well tonight. I've had their kava supreme and this is different but similar. Wow.

This is an evening grog for sure. I dont think I've ever been so planted. Not even on Nangol noble. Really enjoying it.

Dont wanna type anymore. Just wanna sit and watch a tv show. Wish it didn't have the nasty sweetness that I've grown to despise but man this is good stuff.

Kavashua

Mmmm Kava
I really love this stuff, for me it’s a lot like Supreme but not as heavy. Heavy enough to lock me down but not heavy enough to put me asleep like Supreme. Basically heavy enough for me to truly enjoy the heaviness.

Cmessier

Kava Enthusiast
So I've gotta give an update.

Woke up this morning to a bad headache and the worst nausea I've ever had the next day. Was it a fluke? Perhaps. But I find it a lot to be a coincidence. I'll be giving it one more shot. Hopefully it doesnt happen again. If it does.... man.

Kavashua

Mmmm Kava
So I've gotta give an update.

Woke up this morning to a bad headache and the worst nausea I've ever had the next day. Was it a fluke? Perhaps. But I find it a lot to be a coincidence. I'll be giving it one more shot. Hopefully it doesnt happen again. If it does.... man.
Dehydration maybe? I only have my experience as an anecdote but after drinking a lot of this I’ve never had any adverse effects. So many different variables happen during a session, I’m glad you’re giving it another shot. Way to many people have a bad experience the next day and automatically blame the strain they are drinking, thumbs up for giving it another chance

Cmessier

Kava Enthusiast
Dehydration maybe? I only have my experience as an anecdote but after drinking a lot of this I’ve never had any adverse effects. So many different variables happen during a session, I’m glad you’re giving it another shot. Way to many people have a bad experience the next day and automatically blame the strain they are drinking, thumbs up for giving it another chance
Perhaps. It was bad. Really bad. Puked up the water and tylenol I took to get rid of the headache. I really dont want to think it was the kava....but wow. I shell like a maniac and I've just never had a morning like this.

Kavashua

Mmmm Kava
Perhaps. It was bad. Really bad. Puked up the water and tylenol I took to get rid of the headache. I really dont want to think it was the kava....but wow. I shell like a maniac and I've just never had a morning like this.
Sounds brutal, I hope you feel better

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
I liked this kava but it isn't my favorite. I prefer more muscle relaxing/body effects. The mental relaxation and uplift were very pleasant. It also worked well as a blender to give some life to some other disappointing/weak products I had laying around. The next time I buy it I'll probably mix with Supreme or BKH Melo.

Cmessier

Kava Enthusiast
Giving it another shot tonight. Just downed the first shell. Hopefully the first time was a fluke. Cant afford a headache tomorrow.

Cmessier

Kava Enthusiast
And all good this morning aside from tiredness which is due to ke staying up too late. I give it a thumbs up.

Kavashua

Mmmm Kava
And all good this morning aside from tiredness which is due to ke staying up too late. I give it a thumbs up.
I’m drinking some today, I can’t get over the taste this time around. I don’t remember the last batches I’ve had being this awful. It’s got almost like a soapy flavor to it, so much that I originally thought my strainer still had some soap residue on it but even after rinsing it a lot and three washes later it still has the same taste

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I’m drinking some today, I can’t get over the taste this time around. I don’t remember the last batches I’ve had being this awful. It’s got almost like a soapy flavor to it, so much that I originally thought my strainer still had some soap residue on it but even after rinsing it a lot and three washes later it still has the same taste
I have some kava I bought that tasted sort of like laundry soap and smelled like a wad of $20 bills. But over time both effects became less pronounced and I now really enjoy the effects since the flavour high notes got toned down, by time? decay? transformation? magic? Kava pixies? I don't know, I've also noticed some other strong flavoured kavas mellowing on me over time, at least the taste, while the strong effects remained. A nice development, from my point of view. I would never throw a kava out directly, I think, even if I hated the flavour. I'd put it in a sealed glass jar in a dark pantry for a year and then check it again.

Cmessier

Kava Enthusiast
Yeah the taste, while fairly mild, is truly awful. I really thought it was just me remembering a similar flavor from starwest which is the worst crap I've ever ingested. But yes....it COULD almost be soapy. I feel like it's a sick sweetness.

But I am shelling it again tonight and I am growing to like it. It's a little rough on the gut but it feels good.

Cmessier

Kava Enthusiast
So after a half pound bag, I've decided that there was enough consistent nausea while shelling that it wasnt a fluke. Why? No idea. That first headache did not repeat itself but the nausea was worse than any root I've ever tried. Doable....but hard to manage.

It's a decent root. But I'm back to my tried and true Wakacon fijian waka. If I want something from Kavafied from now on it will be the Kava Supreme which in my mind really is supreme. Love the stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.