What's new

Coconut water and kava

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Electrolytes and nice flavour, what could go wrong? Mix the two and it's hideous. Bear in mind that I actually quite like the taste of kava. Thought I'd put this info out there, save some kava going to waste. (I used 2 tsps. of Instant Green by the way, a very mild kava as it is).

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
Yea. Tried it once myself. Not good. But I will drink coconut water separately in between and after a kava session to prevent dehydration.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Yes, that's what I got it for and just thought it would mix ok but it is really nasty isn't it? Had some coconut water 15 or so mins after and it tasted fine and went down a treat.

verticity

I'm interested in things
I tried drinking some coconut water by itself, and, to put it delicately, it was fucking terrible. Apparently it is very important to get the right brand of coconut water, which supposedly tastes good.. I mistakenly got the store brand at my local Sprouts (like a low-rent Whole Foods we have here). But maybe if I tried the nasty cheap coconut water with kava, the two nasty tastes would cancel eachother out.. hmm..

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
LOL, maybe worth a try... or maybe not ;-)

I got my coconut water from Marks and Spencers which probably means nothing to the vast majority of people here. £3/$4.50 a litre/liter. Mind you a pint of lager is £4.50/$6.75 and I wouldn't think twice about drinking several of those of a weekend in my previous life so some nice tasting drink to keep me hydrated is worth the money.

verticity

I'm interested in things
I have heard of Marks and Spencers from this song lol
(at about 2:10)
Sad bastard twee pop representin'

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Ok................................................................... fair enough.

Somebody said they lived in the UK for a while and I had it in my head that it was you but probably not now if you don't know M and S?

verticity

I'm interested in things
Ok................................................................... fair enough.

Somebody said they lived in the UK for a while and I had it in my head that it was you but probably not now if you don't know M and S?
I've never been to the UK, or even Europe. I have been to Canada... if that counts

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
It's on my thread "Vendors who ship to the UK". Would you believe there's a member called vorticity... what are the chances of that happening? ;-)

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Impossible? Really? :)

Oh, and Canada... well they speak French in some parts so I suppose it almost counts as Europe... but then they speak Welsh in parts of Patagonia and South America is not Wales!

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I'm interested in Virginia after watching moonshiners! I'd like to try Tim's legal moonshine.

I lived in Wales for 9 or so years and I can tell you that in the south of Wales about 20% of people speak any Welsh at all. In the west and north almost everyone speaks at least some if not fluent. Interestingly though if you want a top job in Cardiff where most of the people do not speak Welsh at all you have to speak Welsh or you will not get the job. Jobs for the boyos... old school tie... etc, etc. Lots of people are teaching their kids Welsh now, just to keep it alive but in my opinion it will always be a second language for most people. It's quaint to speak it amongst the people who know but it's not a language of international business...

But yes they do speak a dialect of it in Patagonia.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I'm interested in Virginia after watching moonshiners! I'd like to try Tim's legal moonshine.

I lived in Wales for 9 or so years and I can tell you that in the south of Wales about 20% of people speak any Welsh at all. In the west and north almost everyone speaks at least some if not fluent. Interestingly though if you want a top job in Cardiff where most of the people do not speak Welsh at all you have to speak Welsh or you will not get the job. Jobs for the boyos... old school tie... etc, etc. Lots of people are teaching their kids Welsh now, just to keep it alive but in my opinion it will always be a second language for most people. It's quaint to speak it amongst the people who know but it's not a language of international business...

But yes they do speak a dialect of it in Patagonia.
After watching the TopGear Patagonia special...it's pretty obvious that they really really dislike anyone who might even remotely be British.

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
Well I used to live in Virginia, and in some of the islands there they speak a dialect that is unchanged from English in England ca. 1700, so, I guess I could say I have lived in England. :rolleyes:
Tangier Island. I heard on NPR they are having the locals do a Shakespeare play because they believe they talk like what English people used to in his heyday. I am in Virginia, close to Yorktown and Williamsburg but more rural. The watermen here speak this gibberish slang where they run all the words together. We call it speaking Guinea for the Guinea area of Gloucester. Kind of sounds like Boomhauer from King of the Hill. One of the gal's I used to work with, her father was a Waterman and she is proud that she is fluent in Guinea.

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
I tried to make some rum drink that called for coconut water years ago. I never tried it until then and with my first and last sip I thought oh my goodness this stuff is just awful, why would anyone drink it.

Last edited: