What's new

Combat Kava pricing and number of uses

simonsezso37

Kava Curious
Alright, so I've been battling with some addictions for a while, but quite a while ago I found that kava is my hero. It curbs all my addictions, helps me sleep, and actually keeps my anxiety at ease (Which is why I developed my addictions in an attempt to self medicate). However, I cannot afford to buy kava for my daily use. By daily use, I mean about 6-8 TBSP per day. I do not get a lot of length from this, and it is already expensive in my current situation. Due to this fact I won't be able to take my daily "medication" daily. How do I combat this and possibly make my use more effective. Any suggestions on maximizing the effectiveness yet making it last or keeping the prices low?
Kava has helped me so much, yet I feel like I havn't been able to completely kick my addictions due to the inaccessibility, pricing, and dosing issues.
Suggestions appreciated so very much :))

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
My favorite solultion, which i've yet to adhere to, is...move to vanuatu where you can buy potent fresh shells for a dollar.
I also use 8 Tbsp per day and blow through it quick, the only real way around it, is allowing yourself to be satisfied with less kava on many days.

you can (possibly) maximize potency by kneading in very hot water, adding a blob of oil or lecithin, making a 2nd and 3rd wash with a smaller amount of water...

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
Any suggestions on maximizing the effectiveness yet making it last or keeping the prices low?
Kava has helped me so much, yet I feel like I havn't been able to completely kick my addictions due to the inaccessibility, pricing, and dosing issues.
Suggestions appreciated so very much :))
Have you considered Steve's kava candy? You can do the math and figure out if it's cost effective for you. 1 case is $30, and there are 12 sleeves of 8 candies. That's 96 candies for $30. $0.32 a candy. Two candies is a about a shell to a shell and a half for me. So depending on your situation, and they last about 2 hours or so. A sleeve of 8 would be about four shells, so one daily dose? $2.50 a day or $75 a month. That's less than I'm spending on medium grind root by a lot.

Though your experience with the candies may differ. I found them to be a really good in all the right ways and an incredible anxiety spot-mop during the day. Brought me right back to focused work.

Kava Kava R us

\Bula/ As another shell goes down!
Kava Vendor
Have you tried micro kava? Micro is more expensive by weight, and at the same time you need a lot less to make a good shell. You may find this more convenient and also the cost per shell is good.(when bought from quality sources)

Kava Kava R us

\Bula/ As another shell goes down!
Kava Vendor
You may want to ask Deleted User about recent Kavaboy samples I sent, I was very sad to get the results I did. Contact me & I can give you more details & Kavaboy's responses if you want them.

Runding

Kava Enthusiast
I think I'm the only one on the forums that was really not a fan of KavaBoy. Something about it tasted...off. I had two batches and threw the rest away. Nasty.