What's new

Damu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dre

Kava Curious
Just ordered some damu from kwk. Can't wait to try it. If Krunkie Mccrunkface likes it it must be good, he seems to know his Kava, not saying you guys don't but I see Krunkie all over this forum lol. Bula!

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Just ordered some damu from kwk. Can't wait to try it. If Krunkie Mccrunkface likes it it must be good, he seems to know his Kava, not saying you guys don't but I see Krunkie all over this forum lol. Bula!
Welcome to KF, you'd be surprised how chatty he gets on Google Hangouts.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Welcome to KF, you'd be surprised how chatty he gets on Google Hangouts.
That's an in-joke. I shut right up in real life. I'm actually almost painfully shy. Painful for you guys, anyway.

And no, I am a rookie, an amateur, I know but a drop in the bucket about kava compared to the collective wisdom available here.

Oh no, I forgot about Dre. ....... However, that being said, I am completely right about Damu. It is the very nit of the shiz.

Last edited:

Palmetto

Thank God!
I had two pounds of a mostly Damu blend and wasn't blown away by it. Having said that, I'm not a fan of Fijian kavas in general. Maybe someday. Not giving up yet.

Krunkaroo

Kava Enthusiast
I will be experiementing with Damu to see how mixes suit me best. Please share your fav mixes.

I am going to be trying TFR and Damu this afternoon...

Dre

Kava Curious
Let us know what you think.....
Well I just got it in the mail last night and could hardly bust the seal open I was so excited. I put 2 TBS in my shell and down the hatch. Damu is divine kava. I had a ringing in my ears which is funny because I was just reading that fresh kava ie strong kava can do that. It may or may not be related to the kava, anyways it just made me feel so at peace. When I'm on Kava I feel like saying hi to strangers. (I'm normally quite the introvert). Anyways thumbs up for Damu and KWK!

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Well I just got it in the mail last night and could hardly bust the seal open I was so excited. I put 2 TBS in my shell and down the hatch. Damu is divine kava. I had a ringing in my ears which is funny because I was just reading that fresh kava ie strong kava can do that. It may or may not be related to the kava, anyways it just made me feel so at peace. When I'm on Kava I feel like saying hi to strangers. (I'm normally quite the introvert). Anyways thumbs up for Damu and KWK!
Glad to hear it!!! Thanks for the update. Damu is a beautiful thing, indeed.

The sound in your ears is related to kava. It's benign, though. I actually find it pleasant. I have it right now, as a matter of fact, drinking Taveuni's Secret at work.

PS if you like Damu there is a very good chance you will like Taveuni's Secret. It has a similar euphoria to Damu (and at similarly small doses, 2 TBS does the trick, unless you are Shakas) but not as heavy in the follow through. Both are excellent, tho.

Dre

Kava Curious
Glad to hear it!!! Thanks for the update. Damu is a beautiful thing, indeed.

The sound in your ears is related to kava. It's benign, though. I actually find it pleasant. I have it right now, as a matter of fact, drinking Taveuni's Secret at work.

PS if you like Damu there is a very good chance you will like Taveuni's Secret. It has a similar euphoria to Damu (and at similarly small doses, 2 TBS does the trick, unless you are Shakas) but not as heavy in the follow through. Both are excellent, tho.

Dre

Kava Curious
You're most welcome Krunkie. Thanks for telling me about Taveuni's Secret. Where can I get some?

Krunkaroo

Kava Enthusiast
I wrote about aluballin Damu and getting sub par results. I tried blending and straining it and it is a gorgeous daytime kava. Love it :)

Krunkaroo

Kava Enthusiast
I wrote about aluballin Damu and getting sub par results. I tried blending and straining it and it is a gorgeous daytime kava. Love it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.