What's new

Day/Night Kava

kaXva

Kava Curious
Hi Everyone!!
Yet another in a long line of questions.
I’m loving the world of Kava and even kind of enjoy the taste of a strong grog.
So here’s my question...
I have been drinking Supreme at night for anxiety/insomnia/relaxation and it works really well. A few shells and I feel nice and mellow and that’s really what I’m looking for. However, there’s no way I’m drinking Supreme as a day Kava. It’ll make me super lazy for sure.
I’ve experience a little bit of the Kava Shield after effects, but I still have some really bad anxiety I deal with in the day.
I have some KWK Pouni Ono that o haven’t tried yet. I know that KWK says it’s a good balanced day kava.
So.....
Is it possible to drink a few shells of Pouni Ono during the day to see how that works with my anxiety and then still have my evening wind down Supreme?
Or is that just too much? In that I’ll wind up negating the effects of the Supreme? I mean if I had to choose between one and the other, the night Kava is where I would go.
But I think it could help me in both day and night capacity!
Thanks friends

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
Hi Everyone!!
So here’s my question...
I have been drinking Supreme at night for anxiety/insomnia/relaxation and it works really well. A few shells and I feel nice and mellow and that’s really what I’m looking for. However, there’s no way I’m drinking Supreme as a day Kava. It’ll make me super lazy for sure.
I’ve experience a little bit of the Kava Shield after effects, but I still have some really bad anxiety I deal with in the day.
I have some KWK Pouni Ono that o haven’t tried yet. I know that KWK says it’s a good balanced day kava.
So.....
Is it possible to drink a few shells of Pouni Ono during the day to see how that works with my anxiety and then still have my evening wind down Supreme?
Or is that just too much? In that I’ll wind up negating the effects of the Supreme? I mean if I had to choose between one and the other, the night Kava is where I would go.
Thanks friends
I don't think you would negate anything. Would it be too much? As long as you stay hydrated, I don't think you have anything to worry about health-wise. For the rest of the matter, I think you can just see if you like it or not. Sometimes its nice to get back to baseline before ingesting more kava; but I think that's just personal preference.

Pauluk

Kava Enthusiast
Ive drunk nene during the day. 1 tbsp medium in the aluball. Chugged down. Then another sipped. Got me through a tough few hours. And more commonly ive sipped half a 1 tbsp shell during the day to take the edge off and found it to be ok. Personally ive
Found eating something gets you out of jail quick with kava ifmyou need to wake up a bit.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Hi Everyone!!
So here’s my question...
So.....
Thanks friends
Probably an outlier here. I love Pouni Ono, love the taste and the headiness, great balanced kava. I also find it sleepified and only drink it at night. There are some Tongans I drink in the day time but Pouni Ono is not one of them. YMMV, of course.

But to your question, drink some lighter or headier stuff in the day and heavier or stronger stuff at night? That's a big 10-4, good buddy, all system's go.

Last edited: