What's new

Dermopathy recovery: how long should I expect it to take?

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I have over the past 2 weeks started developing dermopathy mostly in my hands. The palms are noticably wrinkled but not bothering me in the least. The back of my hands however are full of cracks and crust, which is rather uncomfortable, especially when they are being washed. I'm using a cream for cracked and dry feet on them which works fairly well but burns like hell when I apply it. I've decided I need to draw the line. I may possibly continue drinking kava in the coming days but if I do I will limit it to maybe 2 tablespoons of some good clean ghk stuff. I think all the Waka I've been drinking has been part of what has put me over the edge. Does anyone have any anecdotal evidence to share about how long I need to abstain from kava in order to reverse this hand dermo? It's not like I have massive rashes or flakes of skin cracking off so I'm guessing this is a mild case and should go away more quickly than an extreme case of dermo.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Last summer I got hit by dermo pretty hard. Hands and lips were dried and cracked. Scaly skin that would slough off in clouds when I took my shirt off on my trunk and back. I decided to take a break before heading to Key West so I didn't look like complete monster at the beach. It took a solid 2 weeks of no kava and lots of lotion before it was fully gone. It also got worse for the first 3-4 days after cutting out kava completely. Oh, and at that point in time the only kava I had was GHK (microgind). So enough good clean noble will still give you dermo....

schatz

itchin for kava
For me two weeks also. I have never been a dry skinned person before starting kava 16 months ago. However now that I have been doing kava almost daily I am very dry all the time, and for the first year I had red blotchy almost like little pimples in my lymph node areas and on my back. I have not had these recur after my last two week abstinance in January, wich is kind of odd, like I have become used to the kava or my body changed somehow. Although I still have to lotion up after every shower or dryness will take over.