What's new

designer kava dot com

Myk

Kava Enthusiast
Anyone tried these? I haven't openned the Tanna Pia yet but other 3 are excellent. Really quite a jump up in quality from the last instant I tried the Borogu Tememe first by mistake and had to sit down for a couple of hours hit like a ton of bricks very heavy effects from a straight level teaspoon.

20230814_113444[530].jpg

Lenticels

AluNaw
I was able to order the borogu tememe back in May, but apparently they were out of stock and didn't update their inventory to reflect this... bizarre... I thought the website was something of a data collection ploy at one point (but what isn't these days, ha).

Anyway, glad to find out that they're (seemingly) legitimate, and borogu tememe is certainly an interesting/strong cultivar... how does it compare to other traditional "heavy" kavas for you?

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Really? That's interesting... care to elucidate?
Not really, just look around and make up your own mind. My point is simply that there are better alternatives. I don't think it's relevant what my specific dislike for them is. There is enough information for you to make up your own mind.

You appear to live on the East coast. look through all the available vendors below; You have infinitely better choices!

Also do not forget about Amazon, some of these vendors sell there as well.

Lenticels

AluNaw
Not really, just look around and make up your own mind. My point is simply that there are better alternatives. I don't think it's relevant what my specific dislike for them is. There is enough information for you to make up your own mind.

You appear to live on the East coast. look through all the available vendors below; You have infinitely better choices!

Also do not forget about Amazon, some of these vendors sell there as well.
I've already looked through this previously, but thank you anyway for linking it.

I was just curious about borogu tememe.

DrJknows

Kava Curious
Anyone tried these? I haven't openned the Tanna Pia yet but other 3 are excellent. Really quite a jump up in quality from the last instant I tried the Borogu Tememe first by mistake and had to sit down for a couple of hours hit like a ton of bricks very heavy effects from a straight level teaspoon.

View attachment 13243
I tried them & was plesantly surprised at the quality & the potency particularly.

So far I like the purple selise best as personal preference. The Kelai is as strong an instant as I've ever had. It's a bit too much for me at anywhere near full strength.
The Tanna Pia is very similar to the fvk med grind - spot on for flavor & effects.
Had only one serving of the borogu but will sample tonight.

Bottom line. There is nothing wrong with these true instants; they compare similarly or favorably to the best true instants I've had (N@H's blend, bkh, several ghk types, etc). I will not hesitate to reorder.

Reactions: Myk

Lenticels

AluNaw
I tried them & was plesantly surprised at the quality & the potency particularly.

So far I like the purple selise best as personal preference. The Kelai is as strong an instant as I've ever had. It's a bit too much for me at anywhere near full strength.
The Tanna Pia is very similar to the fvk med grind - spot on for flavor & effects.
Had only one serving of the borogu but will sample tonight.

Bottom line. There is nothing wrong with these true instants; they compare similarly or favorably to the best true instants I've had (N@H's blend, bkh, several ghk types, etc). I will not hesitate to reorder.
How many grams does it for you with each one?

And could you please expound upon what you perceive to be the differences between them?

Pzk

Kava Enthusiast
"100gr = 40-50 doses" .... They can't be serious. The price also very high. But good instant is always interesting.

Lenticels

AluNaw
"100gr = 40-50 doses" .... They can't be serious. The price also very high. But good instant is always interesting.
Dosage is indeed way-off... but yeah, if it's actually the borogu tememe cultivar they're selling, that is interesting.

Myk

Kava Enthusiast
Dosage is indeed way-off... but yeah, if it's actually the borogu tememe cultivar they're selling, that is interesting.
It's dehydrated kava juice so basing dosages on weight is not relevant 1 level teaspoon is the recommended dosage and it's very effective at that dose .I'm finishing my 3rd combo deal @$200 it lasted longer than the 3 lbs. of ground root powder (Squanch is my go to) Much easier on the gut than powdered root. I'm actually bummed they're sold out .

Lenticels

AluNaw
It's dehydrated kava juice so basing dosages on weight is not relevant 1 level teaspoon is the recommended dosage and it's very effective at that dose .I'm finishing my 3rd combo deal @$200 it lasted longer than the 3 lbs. of ground root powder (Squanch is my go to) Much easier on the gut than powdered root. I'm actually bummed they're sold out .
I know what it is.

And why do you think measuring by volume is better than measuring by weight? Because the label tells you so? Just because it's not a pure extract of kavalactones/pyrones doesn't mean you shouldn't be measuring by weight: (updated), in fact, that's all the more reason to, because you don't have a reference material and there'll be more variance. Even a pure extract would have to be, e.g., just kavain and nothing else to get by on a volume-only measurement. And it'd still make more sense to stick with weight because of how concentrated things would get by that point.

But more pragmatically/utilitarian-speaking, everyone is different re what's "very effective," and I doubt a single teaspoon is enough for a prolonged session... that's more or less one shell there, potency depending.

Last edited:

Myk

Kava Enthusiast
I know what it is.

And why do you think measuring by volume is better than measuring by weight? Because the label tells you so? Just because it's not a pure extract of kavalactones/pyrones doesn't mean you shouldn't be measuring by weight.

Everyone is different re what's "very effective," and I doubt a single teaspoon is enough for a prolonged session... that's one shell there.
Because it's a very light fluffy powder unless you have a cocaine side hustle finding a scale to accurately weigh tiny weights is going to be much harder than using a measuring spoon that's already in your kitchen right now. Also you can throw a whole jar in a blender and get krunked like people do with a pound of root powder just that you won't be able to sue when you crash your car or anything else stupid people do.

Lenticels

AluNaw
Because it's a very light fluffy powder unless you have a cocaine side hustle finding a scale to accurately weigh tiny weights is going to be much harder than using a measuring spoon that's already in your kitchen right now.
That same fluffliness/low bulk density you speak of only further exacerbates the lack of precision when measuring by volume, because of the large number of air pockets in the powder/its porosity.

Perhaps purchasing & calibrating a milligram scale would be a worthwhile endeavor if you are hugely into instant kava powder and want more consistency from each session (or, you could also give the ready-made extract from KwK a shot.)

Last edited:

Myk

Kava Enthusiast
Yeah it's nothing like other instant kava .It's not made the same way and there's no problem using a teaspoon to measure it. You're making a problem where there is none. I mean you don't have to try it but if you're going tell me all about it you should at least try it otherwise you won't know what you're talking about.

Lenticels

AluNaw
Yeah it's nothing like other instant kava .It's not made the same way and there's no problem using a teaspoon to measure it. You're making a problem where there is none. I mean you don't have to try it but if you're going tell me all about it you should at least try it otherwise you won't know what you're talking about.
How is it "nothing" like other instant kava? That's a pretty bizarre claim, given that we've already established & agreed upon the fact that it's just dehydrated kava juice (i.e., juice solids), as is the case with other instant kava. Not sure what's so special about this or why/how it's "not made the same way," but none of that changes basic materials science.

And I don't necessarily think it's an outright "problem," insofar that using a teaspoon utensil is certainly serviceable-enough, if not perfect.

(The website has reverted back to everything being "Temporarily Out Of Stock," only this time there's no way to navigate anything else there... so, nothing really to substantiate your claim of an ostensibly different proprietary process at this time.)

Jack3

Kava Curious

View attachment 13243
I can’t find these on the kava.com site.