What's new

Did I do too much?

I received my first order of instant kava from GHK yesterday. I have never drank kava before yesterday. Yesterday I mixed 2 teaspoons with water and gulped it down. 20 minutes later I mixed another 2 teaspoons. 30 min after that another 2. It was great. I felt so relaxed and at peace. All was right in the world. Tonight I have done the same thing but am about to drink my 4th serving. I started to look up typical doses of GHK instant and most people are saying they only drink 2-4 teaspoons. Am I drinking too much? I am starting to get nervous about my liver!

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I received my first order of instant kava from GHK yesterday. I have never drank kava before yesterday. Yesterday I mixed 2 teaspoons with water and gulped it down. 20 minutes later I mixed another 2 teaspoons. 30 min after that another 2. It was great. I felt so relaxed and at peace. All was right in the world. Tonight I have done the same thing but am about to drink my 4th serving. I started to look up typical doses of GHK instant and most people are saying they only drink 2-4 teaspoons. Am I drinking too much? I am starting to get nervous about my liver!
First of all kudos on choosing one of the finest kavas out there to start with, I also begun my journey with GHK Instant Mo'i :)

You are experiencing reverse tolerance, it's normal. Think of it as a medication that takes 2 weeks to kick in your body, stick to 1-2 tablespoons for a while, if cost is not an issue just keep going, you'll have your aha! moment, having the first experience, on the first night is a good sign! If cost is an issue, break yourself in with medium grind instead, GHK also sells it and you'll need to strain it, it's not difficult.

Your liver is just fine assuming it was already fine before you got here, lol. People worry too much about that, those "healthy glasses of wine" will screw up your liver much faster than kava could ever do!!

Welcome to KF.

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
Instant Nene is my fav from them. 1Tbsp in whatever temp. water and stir with the spoon and drink quickly.
Actually one time I got an order with a happy face drawn on it!

Sunset_squash67

Aus kava enthusiast
No issue with liver, but just be careful with over doing it. I find my kava experience can change quite a bit from one day to the next.
Always take it slow, because its can go from pleasant to unpleasant somewhat quickly.

I don't mean that you will have any serious health issues - but it can upset your stomach, make you somewhat dizzy, potentially being on anxiety / insomnia etc.

Russell Caruso

TravelingMan
Do what you are comfortable with. I used to take roughly 8x the recommended dose of Bula Kava House's extract when it was still around - truthfully it was unknowingly, but I never had any side effects. If at any point you feel uncomfortable, tone it down a bit. Just go with what your body tells you. I wouldn't be concerned about your liver unless you are mixing kava with anything else hard on the liver. Others on this forum know more than me about this kinda thing.

Update: I’ve been drinking anywhere from 4-8 teaspoons of the instant each night and it seems to be getting stronger in effect. Right now is actually the string best I’ve felt it and I drank only 3 teaspoons. Maybe it was all due too reverse tolerance. Unfortunately I drank the last of my instant tonight :( I’m gonna wait for the moi instant from GHK to come back in stock and am going to try that kind next. I have really enjoyed the kava so far. Chris from GHK is the best…I highly recommend!!!