What's new

Different Grinds, Experiment with pictures

Runding

Kava Enthusiast
How come no one sells the bright yellow extracts I always see vendors have? It seems like that stuff would sell like hotcakes. I'm assuming it's far easier to make than going through the effort Paradise Kava goes through?

verticity

I'm interested in things
Hey, @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava , have you considered selling a version of your micronized with the 120 µm particles removed. You could call it "Ultra-Micronized." I'm one of those people who has stomach problems with micro, so I stick to medium grind, but I would try some "Ultra-Micro"

Runding

Kava Enthusiast
I don't know if I trust some random company from China with kava extracts. I want to make sure it's not tudei, what type of root it is, the chemotypes, etc. I would much rather buy it from someone like Chris or Judd, who I know are good, trustworthy people who back up what they sell.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Pretty much the reason I stated -- most of it is the same stuff, and most people on here who've tried it don't like it. Search kava on alibaba and you can see lots of companies selling it. Here's one: http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/kavakava-30-50-70-kavalactones-kava_1796719712.html
Didn't I read somewhere that they are selling ground cement? (instead of two day, it's perma gut).

Hey, @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava , have you considered selling a version of your micronized with the 120 µm particles removed. You could call it "Ultra-Micronized." I'm one of those people who has stomach problems with micro, so I stick to medium grind, but I would try some "Ultra-Micro"
Like your avatars. You have a magnetic personality. :)

Sadie

Kava Enthusiast
Pretty much the reason I stated -- most of it is the same stuff, and most people on here who've tried it don't like it. Search kava on alibaba and you can see lots of companies selling it. Here's one: http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/kavakava-30-50-70-kavalactones-kava_1796719712.html
Hey. I've just had a look at this link and it is exactly the same powder and colour as the stuff I got from ebay - not good...I dumped it yesterday....The guy had 1.5k and wanted me to buy the lot, thankfully I didn't. It wasn't good.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
I don't see why not. Let me try and I will let you know what I come up with. (y)
Aloha.

Chris

Grant Moore

Don't be in a hurry to go no where.
C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_images(1).jpg

In regards to the moi extract. But seriously I would love some of that stuff. Not only does it look like butter but I bet it makes you feel like it.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
I just measured my instant and it is 100< µm I did some calculations with the equipment I use to micronize the kava, I use round balls believe it or not, in a special machine, the diameter of the metal or ceramic balls will have an effect on the particle size but I am sure I can get it to 75 µm with my current set up. :hungry:
Aloha.

Chris

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
This is just some conjecture on my part, but I feel like reducing the particle size might make it easier to get down but won't really change the effect on the stomach. It's still insoluble fiber and whatever else in there causing discomfort?
View attachment 2795
In regards to the moi extract. But seriously I would love some of that stuff. Not only does it look like butter but I bet it makes you feel like it.
Spreading kava extract on toast would be so ballin'...better than caviar.

verticity

I'm interested in things
I just measured my instant and it is 100< µm I did some calculations with the equipment I use to micronize the kava, I use round balls believe it or not, in a special machine, the diameter of the metal or ceramic balls will have an effect on the particle size but I am sure I can get it to 75 µm with my current set up. :hungry:
Aloha.

Chris
If you could make micronized with a smaller particle size than instant that would be...amazing. :happy: If the "ultra-micro" were less expensive than instant, that would be...really amazing.::amirite::

Sadie

Kava Enthusiast
Headhodge and Kavadude - what do you do with the rolling pin? Do you lay your Kava root powder on cling film and just bash it for a bit before kneading/straining etc? I want to get the most out of my Kava and haven't seen this method mentioned anywhere

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
No, what you do is put the root in a gallon ziploc bag with some water and roll on it. It has the same effect as kneading it of pressing the oils into the water. Then pour it out into a strainer and give it one squeeze.

For me, this is a lot easier to do with the amounts that I typically use.

Sadie

Kava Enthusiast
thanks for that - might give it a try if I can find a Ziploc bag - I'm still new so don't mind the kneading although it does get a bit sore on the arm after a bit.