What's new

Kava Physiology Diving into the kava supreme

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
After several nights of restless sleep, I’ve busted out the batch of kava supreme tonight. Holy strong kava krunked heaven! I’m excited to pass out tonight.
So far this one has been the best for me to sleep. I know it doesn’t work for everyone, but works great for me.

It probably also helps that I’m literally a lightweight with a fast metabolism for zee foods.

What say you? Do you have a preferred strain for the sleepy time? I’ve heard Moi (gasp! That one didn’t work on me for that) and one that started with an ‘N.’

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
I’m also curious about those who dislike heavy kavas when they have to work in the morning. Is there a work week sleepy strain you use or do you have to wait for the weekend?

rapunzel

Kava Enthusiast
After several nights of restless sleep, I’ve busted out the batch of kava supreme tonight. Holy strong kava krunked heaven! I’m excited to pass out tonight.
So far this one has been the best for me to sleep. I know it doesn’t work for everyone, but works great for me.

It probably also helps that I’m literally a lightweight with a fast metabolism for zee foods.

What say you? Do you have a preferred strain for the sleepy time? I’ve heard Moi (gasp! That one didn’t work on me for that) and one that started with an ‘N.’
One of my favorites! I think I lean toward the heavy ones. I haven’t had anything that affects me the next day - I can have a heavy one throughout the day with no problems!

ThatDankK

̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з= ( ▀ ͜͞ʖ▀) =ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿
One of my favorites! I think I lean toward the heavy ones. I haven’t had anything that affects me the next day - I can have a heavy one throughout the day with no problems!
I agree, nothing really affects my functioning negatively due to my past, I can drink alot and be fine as long as I dont lay down, if I lay down with nothing to do ill be out!

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I’m also curious about those who dislike heavy kavas when they have to work in the morning. Is there a work week sleepy strain you use or do you have to wait for the weekend?
I drink huge amounts of heavy kava during the week and still get up for work the next morning. Only just sometimes though :)

I haven't had Supreme for a while but the bag I had was awesome.

kavamehameha

Magnum's 'awa drinking bird
I got a bag of Supreme recently and it is very good, very strong, and also quite tasty. But so good for painkilling I save it just for that.
True, same here. The Supreme has really supreme pain killing effects. For me it's also fine to drink it throughout the day. It's a heavy strain for sure, but not one of those which will kinda knock you out and make you fall asleep. I love it -- one of my favorite kavas these days!

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
I drink huge amounts of heavy kava during the week and still get up for work the next morning. Only just sometimes though :)

I haven't had Supreme for a while but the bag I had was awesome.
Same here. I drink the heaviest kava I can find, in large amounts and have no next day issues. In past years, I would have difficulty getting up and/or added relaxation til around noon but it's been a while since there's been anything strong enough to cause that.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
Yep definitely the pain killing here too and that doubles with the sleep help. One thing I noticed though, is my skin gets far more dry on the supreme so I have to be careful with that and monitor skin and hydration.

Blue Roads

Kava Enthusiast
The Supreme hits me pretty strongly. I've done it during the day but it slows me down quite a bit, and it does work well to help me sleep I like it better at night or when I don't have to do much. Nene from Gourmet Hawaiian Kava does well for sleep also, but doesn't have the same feel as Supreme. Less of a noticeable effect for me, more of a mild feeling but it puts me to sleep. I get the dry skin with Supreme also.