What's new

Do you feel disconnected after several days in a row of kava use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kavaguy

Kava Enthusiast
It seems that after several days of using kava, I get a general feeling of being disconnected, and it takes about two days off it to feel normal again. I have been considering just using kava on afternoons in which I have had a stressful day, so just a few times a week to avoid this from happening. At the same time, maybe it is just my imagination, so I wanted to check what others' take is on this. Thanks.

N

Noname

Make sure it's noble and from a trusted vendor. Stay hydrated. Maybe your not disconnected just super relaxed ? Lol

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Yeah lower the dose... this is what we noticed with people who get depressed is that they feel a little off from kava on those days.. maybe your one of them... kava is a strong herb so isn't really meant to be daily used unless getting off stronger stuff

Kavaguy

Kava Enthusiast
Good to know. For about 4 days straight, I was drinking 16 tbsp in about 40 oz water over the course of two hours. Only thing that helps me to sleep and to forget my cares for an hour or two, but nit worth what I feel in the daytims.The past three days, I felt extremely depressed and disconnected, so I will try 4 tbsp and will look into taking sleeping pills other than the Trazodone I have been taking.Thanks.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Good to know. For about 4 days straight, I was drinking 16 tbsp in about 40 oz water over the course of two hours. Only thing that helps me to sleep and to forget my cares for an hour or two, but nit worth what I feel in the daytims.The past three days, I felt extremely depressed and disconnected, so I will try 4 tbsp and will look into taking sleeping pills other than the Trazodone I have been taking.Thanks.
You know some kavas do tend to make me depressed. Not kava supreme but usually headies or fijians or heady fijians. Maybe you react in the same way to that kava? But that dose is a lot!

Krunkmeup

Kava Enthusiast
I just started using kava and I noticed same thing i did 5 days straight and felt seriously dumb and memory loss. 2 days and i was back to normal now on the binge again as its the weekend, going to try keeping it to weekends

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
I've found lately that if I happen to drink kava every day, I feel light-headed, and definitely a little disconnected and little energy. Yet its great for anxiety relief so I have to work hard not to be tempted to make myself a batch every day!

Kavaguy

Kava Enthusiast
I am glad to hear I am not alone. I was forgetting stuff too, and found social interaction, even small talk to be challenging when normally it would come easily.

Krunkaroo

Kava Enthusiast
I like to skip a day in between sessions now. The afterglow goes well into the next day. Also I don't take it for granted this way as I am really looking forward to Kava day.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
One thing I would add is that I take a multivitamin every day, mostly for the b vitamins. As kava makes you wee more you can lose a fair amount of these and it will leave you feeling sluggish and could well explain how you're feeling @Kavaguy

Kavaguy

Kava Enthusiast
Thanks, I have been taking a multivitamin and a separate b vitamin. I will take all the suggestions anyone can offer. I wonder how those of you do it daily without problems I imagine lower amts, plenty of water, and not drinking it close to bed are huge factors.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Thanks, I have been taking a multivitamin and a separate b vitamin. I will take all the suggestions anyone can offer. I wonder how those of you do it daily without problems I imagine lower amts, plenty of water, and not drinking it close to bed are huge factors.
Not necessarily lower amounts but I find I don't need so much daily to keep myself topped up. Some days I will just have a couple of tablespoons and others I will still go a lot stronger for the recreational dose. I find I'm needing to worry less about water as I go along. I always wake up dehydrated in the morning no matter what I do so I just try and drink as much water as I can during the day. Due to my job and silly hours I drink it late at night sometimes, doesn't seem to matter so much anymore but it did used to keep me awake. I think the message is basically when your body gets used to it all of these things become less of an issue, maybe you get into a routine and so does your body?

nickbroken

Kava Enthusiast
Not me, I have a degenerate gene in me that allows me to take substances every day and function like normal. I just choose kava for my substance as it's the least damaging and doesn't really well make you feel waste the way other things do, I have been pretty krunked before, but at the end of the day, kava is nothing like booze, weed, shrooms, acid, etc. Take a break if you need to, honestly, I find unless you are really treating some kind of mental illness i.e. anxiety you shouldn't really take kava every day, unless you are a degenerate like me.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
The trazadone and kava may be mixing causing your disconnection...
Good to mention those other drugs.

@Edward this is not a theoretical kava isn't good daily... your body will tell you when enough is enough ... through ... dun dun dun ... dryness ! Haha

Kavaguy

Kava Enthusiast
I just drank kava for two nights without Trazodone and felt the same, but maybe its because I was drinking so much kava. Maybe the key is to go off of Trazodone and just drink 6 tbsp kava.

Status
Not open for further replies.