What's new

Kava Research Does anyone drink kava before/during work?

Do any of you drink kava before or during work?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kimmer

Patently irritable
The next day effect usually sees me through the morning and I can handle the afternoons but if I'm working into the evening I'm definitely tempted to shake some up.

Wow, I'm surprised you get anything done at all! Although I suppose it affects everyone differently. I'd just want to go to sleep after an hour or so.
I wish it'd knock me out. So far kava doesn't do that for me.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
I enjoy the morning after-glow so much that I don't feel the need for more kava early in the morning. Also with some coffee it creates such a great feeling I don't want to disrupt that. Kava for me provides two different feelings, there's the initial onset after drinking kava in the afternoon or at night, and then the next morning that just makes you feel so damn good for most of the day.
I feel the same!

Odourman

Skål from Sweden!
Bati makes me very sleepy. Even Loa waka makes me need a bed real bad after about 4 hours. I can't drink kava before work.

Odourman

Skål from Sweden!
IMG_2107.PNG
I take Amino Complete on empty stomach each morning and then about 20min later I eat something small and green tea like matcha, sencha or hojicha. Green tea with a lot of stalks in it have much L-theanine in it. Green tea in small bags from super markets are often no better than black tea. Black tea isn't bad. Later in the day I might have coffee. Too much tea gives me a headache.
You can use Green tea in aluball! If it's rougher like hojicha you might want to crush it a bit before.
I've even mixed sencha with kava in aluball, just to see how it felt. I felt that I needed to drink a whole lot more water!

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
View attachment 8320 I take Amino Complete on empty stomach each morning and then about 20min later I eat something small and green tea like matcha, sencha or hojicha. Green tea with a lot of stalks in it have much L-theanine in it. Green tea in small bags from super markets are often no better than black tea. Black tea isn't bad. Later in the day I might have coffee. Too much tea gives me a headache.
You can use Green tea in aluball! If it's rougher like hojicha you might want to crush it a bit before.
I've even mixed sencha with kava in aluball, just to see how it felt. I felt that I needed to drink a whole lot more water!
A+ for creativity with the green tea! Very cool.

moduinne4

Kava Curious
I hear you, I had some Lawena yesterday and it elevated my day and productivity 10 fold. My worry sometimes is that I may get over zealous and cross over into the too krunked to work (or drive, for my comfort level) state and then it becomes counter productive in that sense. On those days I may take the day off and I still get plenty done, just not at work :)
I've had mixed results with kula. First time it gave me unbearable anxiety.
Since then just mild sedation.

Kaptain Kava

Kava Curious
I work in a busy lumberyard and operate a forklift so I don't think it would be too safe before work haha. I do however take a couple kava candies about an hour or two before close at nights which helps ease the tension from the day.