What's new

Does anyone know if Chris Allen is ok

ApéroNoble

The d'Artagnan forum 4th Kavateer
I have been doing with Chris from GHK since he came on the forum; thousands of dollars worth of product. Never once have I had the slightest problem. He is always just a great individual to interact with, I consider him a friend. Suddenly a couple days ago in the middle of a special order I lost all contact with him. I just checked here on the forum and have not seen activity from Chris here since this time. I am not concerned with the money I paid him. I am more concerned with if he is ok. From when I use to be more active on the forum J-man was also pretty good friends with Chris. Do you know if he is ok or heard from him in the last couple days?

Last edited:

Sam Handwich

Kava Enthusiast
Whoa!! A Deleted User post! I've been wondering about you as well as Chris. I've heard you've been busy as well. I hope your schedule slows a bit and you find the time to hang out with us here on the forum. I've not had many opportunities to interact with you but you should know that your work and your posts here are the primary thing that finally convinced me of Kavas safely and power. It has been a life changer for me. Just wanted to thank you for your efforts @Deleted User .

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Thank you for your concern, all I can say is "I'm Alive" :D As some of you know I have been growing kava since I was a kid and I also did woodworking and looging as a business for over 30 years. Well I sold my logging business about 3 years ago and decided to start my kava business.
I sold most of my equipment but I still have one fork lift, a band saw mill, all my chainsaws and climbing equipment as well as all my wood shop tools. Well in my front yard is 6 very large trees and after this last hurricanes season when we had a hurricane just about every week, although only 1 made landfall. I decided it was time to cut one down since it was so close to my house and so large. So for the last 2 days I was cutting the tree down. I got it all finished yesterday and I will be able to devote my full attention to your emails today.
For those of you wondering, here is a picture of me and the tree. :eek::nailbiting:

Needless to say I was full of kava last night and it helped a lot. I intend to have some more later this afternoon. Thanks again for your concern and I will contact you soon. Aloha nui loa.

Chris

verticity

I'm interested in things
Thank you for your concern, all I can say is "I'm Alive" :D As some of you know I have been growing kava since I was a kid and I also did woodworking and looging as a business for over 30 years.
Let's not forget that time you were a Sheriff!
For those of you wondering, here is a picture of me and the tree. :eek::nailbiting:

I see a tree, but where are you? Oh, I see, at the very top of a very tall tree! There is a mound of dirt at the bottom of the tree that kind of looks like a resting figure. I thought that might be you at first; then I looked at the top. lol. Is that a koa tree, like the kind you make tanoas and stuff out of?

ApéroNoble

The d'Artagnan forum 4th Kavateer
if kava fell upon the ground and noone was around to hear it, would it be tudei or noble

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Let's not forget that time you were a Sheriff!

I see a tree, but where are you? Oh, I see, at the very top of a very tall tree! There is a mound of dirt at the bottom of the tree that kind of looks like a resting figure. I thought that might be you at first; then I looked at the top. lol. Is that a koa tree, like the kind you make tanoas and stuff out of?
I was a Sheriff on Maui for almost 2 years and then I came back to the Big Island to marry my high school sweet heart. ;)
I would have loved to continue being a Sheriff on the Big Island but way back then they only had 2, 1 in Kona and 1 in Hilo and they were not looking for more.:arghh: I did continue law enforcement in some way or another here and there when I needed the money. :bigmoney:
Wood was my hobby till my wife told me to turn it into a business and we both had a lot of fun, and still having fun.
Here is a picture of my wife Sally in the 'Awa patch---

That was a Eucalyptus Robusta tree, very nice looking and great for fire wood but not for tanoas or other bowls. :(
Aloha.

Chris

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Man, I bet that was a gorgeous tree. What kind was it?
It truly was a very nice tree, I will post a picture of my others that are still standing later on.
It is a Eucalyptus robusta, they have nice hard red wood but it likes to warp and crack so it is not good for much other than fire wood. I have seen some people make flooring out of it too. Aloha.

Chris