What's new

Does Kava causes acne?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User01

I don't remember anyone complaining about it .... however ... since it does cause dermopathy in some, it might aggravate Acne. But since it drys out the skin, maybe it could even help. The natives used to overdose on Kava so they could get dry skin and peeling. It was their natural way of getting a "skin peel". But on the other side, if you are allergic to Kava, it could aggravate any skin condition. So I think we need some people to test these theories and report back.

Charlie

I don't remember anyone complaining about it .... however ... since it does cause dermopathy in some, it might aggravate Acne. But since it drys out the skin, maybe it could even help. The natives used to overdose on Kava so they could get dry skin and peeling. It was their natural way of getting a "skin peel". But on the other side, if you are allergic to Kava, it could aggravate any skin condition. So I think we need some people to test these theories and report back.
Thank you I'm new in the Kava world can you recommend any Kava brand that's good and strong :)?

D

Deleted User01

Well hey and howdy @Charlie, welcome to the forum. ::tipshat:: That's my redneck welcome holler, hey @chandra, need some help. :D Charlie, I only do a very small subset of kava types and they are all Hawaiian Micronized so I'm not the best one to answer your question. But tell us more. Why do you want to do kava? What effects are you looking for? Tell us more and I'm sure you will get some recommendations. Also, are you up to snuff on preparation?

Charlie

Well hey and howdy @Charlie, welcome to the forum. ::tipshat:: That's my redneck welcome holler, hey @chandra, need some help. :D Charlie, I only do a very small subset of kava types and they are all Hawaiian Micronized so I'm not the best one to answer your question. But tell us more. Why do you want to do kava? What effects are you looking for? Tell us more and I'm sure you will get some recommendations. Also, are you up to snuff on preparation?
Well let me tell you I have sleeping problems I went to the doctor ready and the only medication that they prescribed me is cannabis and I don't want To be pot head so I'm looking for more alternative. I just order my first kava on Amazon today and it's coming later so I never tried it before wish me luck. :)

D

Deleted User01

I think all Kavas should help with sleep. The stuff you order on Amazon may or may not be top grade but you may need to go through Reverse Tolerance anyway. RT means that it may take a week or so before you feel anything. If you find that you just want to sleep but you're not concerned about heavy effects, then I recommend Nene. I also recommend Nene to anyone who is getting too many side effects from other kavas. It's super mild but I love it for sleep enhancement. But let's see how your first order comes out. Remember, do not mix Kava with alcohol!
P.S. A dynamite combination for sleep is kava plus exercise. And exercise can be anything like walking.

D

Deleted User01

Awesome. I needed to hear someone say this. Because I sure as hell don't do any other kind of exercise.
Here is something for you to look forward to @Kavasseur in your old age. When all the runners are going in for Knee and Hip Replacement, you can say,
"Told ya so"! But I kid you not. I stopped running at the first twinge. My running buddy get telling me all the serious runners he knew were getting double replacements as they got older. So he quit running too. Our bones were not really meant to take that kind of punishment over the long haul.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Ye as someone who gets some acne I have noticed it reduces oiliness and minimizes breakouts. Doesnt help with blackheads much but prevents the big red painful ones quite well

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Hi Charlie, welcome to the forums :) First of all I personally haven't had any issues with acne in relation to drinking kava, if anything it dries my skin, so in that regard it actually helps me. I do drink a lot of kava, you don't necessary have to do the same.
As for reputable vendors with good, strong kava, you have a lot of choices. GHK has a wonderful selection, many wonderful kavas in his line up. KWK is another great vendor who also sells on Amazon. Squanch kava is another favorite of mine, there are a lot of options and like Deleted User01 was saying, depends on the type of experience you are looking for.

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
I would think kava would help with acne, given that kava tends to dry the skin for people, and that acne is pore clogging from excess oils.

chandra

Kava Enthusiast
The redneck barefoot kava drinking hippie is here! I think kava helps with acne. I used to get mild acne and now my only issue is clogged pores on my nose, which I've had issues with forever. Kava is great for sleep, especially the balanced and heavier varieties. Valerian can also help with sleep. Cannabis isn't necessarily bad if you keep it to very small amounts, but I very much prefer kava.

Bwiggy

I like plants
HI @Charlie With a few brands, kava can make me - well, not break out, but get a mean pimple here and there. KavaKing, which I recommend to people, makes me get like one bad one each time I drink it more than like two days in a row. I recommend it because I used to drink it a lot with a friend, and he wouldn't break out but I did. We both loved the effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.