What's new

Dokobana Vula

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricardo Piquant

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I was fortunate enough to score some of this rare and fine kava.

Taste is beyond extraordinary. Nearly has a slight sweetness to it if you can believe it. Lots of numbing.

Effect is likewise impressive. Finally, a truly connoisseur selection in a drought of connoisseur selections! Too bad there were only ten pounds to be had. Nice warm blanket feeling with a heady factor too. Instant mood enhancement.

Many thanks to Neil for allowing us to try this truly world class kava. I'm convinced kavatime is my favorite vendor. This is just too compelling!

I also got some new taveuni secret which I'll try tomorrow... But in the meantime... WoW!
20180427_182733.jpg
20180427_182753.jpg
20180427_182802.jpg

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Drinking some right now. Wife was gob smacked. It is as you say and more. Also, the taste acquires depth the more you drink it. Great for chugging or sipping. Glad we got to experience this. We were gambling on his reputation and our experience with other KT kavas, figured likely to be very good. Does not disappoint in any way. Quintessentially yanqona, at it's best, pushing the. Envelope. Pretty strong, too.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
Awesome; looking forward to trying mine when it gets here. (Now hopefully they'll harvest another batch of that Kadavu blend!)

Update: Just got my order. The stuff looks great. Interesting it isn't bricked as tightly as usual. Also, on a side note, I noticed that it looks like Taveuni's Secret is also actually a single cultivar.

Last edited:

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
Well, I've had roughly 7 tbs and this stuff is powerful. Neil thought it tended toward the heady side of balanced. It feels pretty heavy to me; anybody else have thoughts on that? Excellent grog. Cool to think this was planted 8 years ago!

Last edited:

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Well, I've had roughly 7 tbs and this stuff is powerful. Neil thought it tended toward the heady side of balenced. It feels pretty heavy to me; anybody else have thoughts on that? Excellent grog. Cool to think this was planted 8 years ago!
My experience of this excellent root gibes with yours.

Myk

Kava Enthusiast
Yup this stuff is impressive potent heady and heavy numbing and the taste is unique glad I jumped on it quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.