What's new

News Article DoubleRainbow Biosciences and Kelai Pharmaceuticals will collaborate on new natural ...

• Thread starter Google Alert - Piper Methysticum
  • Start date
G

Google Alert - Piper Methysticum

Kava (Piper methysticum) belongs to the pepper plant family and is native to parts of the South Pacific. Kava has been used for centuries in ...

Continue reading...

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin

Edit: In regards to the original article: Buzzwords galore, and so far I'm still completely in the dark as to what this may be.

I remain skeptical, but interested.
I remain more of a skeptic, I pulled this from the summary of the page you listed.

"Inspired by the evolutionary principles underlying natural metabolic systems, it further expands the chemical space beyond what nature offers "

Seems like another Pharma company trying to bastardize kava for it's own purposes (a profit). I don't get the feeling they are interested in studying the benefits of kava but more so how to capitalize on an increasing extract market. It could be to promote the study of new treatments as they claim, but I doubt it.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I remain more of a skeptic, I pulled this from the summary of the page you listed.

"Inspired by the evolutionary principles underlying natural metabolic systems, it further expands the chemical space beyond what nature offers "

Seems like another Pharma company trying to bastardize kava for it's own purposes (a profit). I don't get the feeling they are interested in studying the benefits of kava but more so how to capitalize on an increasing extract market. It could be to promote the study of new treatments as they claim, but I doubt it.
Same. Way too much buzzword sentence structure for me to take seriously at this point.

Alia

'Awa Grower/Collector

Edit: In regards to the original article: Buzzwords galore, and so far I'm still completely in the dark as to what this may be.

I remain skeptical, but interested.
Interesting coincidence? -- when you click on Kelai Pharmeceuticals within the article and go to the photo of the kava bowl with beverage and ladle...
it is the same photo as in the "Kava as a Clinical Nutrient" paper published awhile back. I think I know the guy who took that photo!

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder

Here's another similar site that comes up when you search for "kelai pharmaceuticals inc" on google.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin

Here's another similar site that comes up when you search for "kelai pharmaceuticals inc" on google.
This ties it all together.