What's new

dreamy balanced good tasting kava?

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
Hey, I am wondering if anyone can recommend dreamy, balanced, good tasting kava? I was really liking Kavafied's Kava Bati, but wanted it to go a bit deeper (not to mention that I think the extremely fine grind was giving me gas), but I really liked its flavor and effects, they just didn't seem quite deep enough. Then I found Kava Time's Kadavu and started experimenting with it and thought it might be just what I was looking for (though it didn't taste quite as good), but then the supply ran out before I could make up my mind. I am looking for something with a nice light floral or grassy Fijian smell (I loved the smell of the Bati!) that radiates the kavain buzz through a nice dreaminess. I was starting to think that maybe I was looking for something with a 246 chemotype (that maybe the yangonin was cutting away the dreaminess and making it too jagged feeling?); but I couldn't quite get a sense of it. Suddenly I am having a hard time finding Fijians with a 246 chemotype. Anyone have any recommendations for a floral/grassy smelling kava that has some dreamy depth, but is still balanced? Maybe a less heady tongan (Kavafied's Kava Tonga seemed to taste pretty good, but its super expensive and didn't feel that potent to me; but I ended up not getting in a good session with it cause I kept drinking smaller amounts during the day and suddenly the bag was gone!)

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Hey, I am wondering if anyone can recommend dreamy, balanced, good tasting kava? I was really liking Kavafied's Kava Bati, but wanted it to go a bit deeper (not to mention that I think the extremely fine grind was giving me gas), but I really liked its flavor and effects, they just didn't seem quite deep enough. Then I found Kava Time's Kadavu and started experimenting with it and thought it might be just what I was looking for (though it didn't taste quite as good), but then the supply ran out before I could make up my mind. I am looking for something with a nice light floral or grassy Fijian smell (I loved the smell of the Bati!) that radiates the kavain buzz through a nice dreaminess. I was starting to think that maybe I was looking for something with a 246 chemotype (that maybe the yangonin was cutting away the dreaminess and making it too jagged feeling?); but I couldn't quite get a sense of it. Suddenly I am having a hard time finding Fijians with a 246 chemotype. Anyone have any recommendations for a floral/grassy smelling kava that has some dreamy depth, but is still balanced? Maybe a less heady tongan (Kavafied's Kava Tonga seemed to taste pretty good, but its super expensive and didn't feel that potent to me; but I ended up not getting in a good session with it cause I kept drinking smaller amounts during the day and suddenly the bag was gone!)
Taveuni's Secret fits that bill, IMO.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
Hmm; yeah. I was eyeing 24 Wave; wondered if it might be similar to Bati. I have some Taveuni's Secret right now; the taste is great, but I find it mostly stimulating and heady without much dreaminess (I like it; but want something else in my arsenal that is more balanced for evenings but that also isn't so heavy as to make me uselessly lazy).

A food analogy would be eating raw garlic plain vs eating raw garlic in a fat source [garlic = headiness]. Same awesome taste; I like them both, but the the fat source smooths everything out.

I wonder if I just need to experiment with various ways of pacing shells?

Thank you for your responses!

Last edited:

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Hmm; yeah. I was eyeing 24 Wave; wondered if it might be similar to Bati. I have some Taveuni's Secret right now; the taste is great, but I find it mostly stimulating and heady without much dreaminess (I like it; but want something else in my arsenal that is more balanced for evenings but that also isn't so heavy as to make me uselessly lazy).

A food analogy would be eating raw garlic plain vs eating raw garlic in a fat source [garlic = headiness]. Same awesome taste; I like them both, but the the fat source smooths everything out.

I wonder if I just need to experiment with various ways of pacing shells?

Thank you for your responses!
or experiment with water ratios. For example, I love nambawan (and it ain't no lie, you other brothers just can't deny!) but at different quantities and ratios the experience is fundamentally different, though equally wonderful. I can drink 1 TBS, 2, 3, 4 or even 6 TBS of Namabawan at a time, in anything from 150ml - 500ml, several combinations and permutations there, and it can range from mildly relaxing to mindblowingly cosmic, like I can chat with the ghost of Sun Ra type of stuff. It just took some experimentation to perambulate my parameters in pentameter. But I found it. Or it found me. Or whatever. S'all good, man.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Nangol noble goes deep in my experience..
Bati also I agree didn't seem to have that depth .. I did the same thing I bought a half pound of it and I just never got there before the bag was gone.
24 wave kind of did the same to me ... I actually bought them together and ended up feeling like I was missing my usual kavafied supreme .. I have to give it another go though for both of them .

This is what happens to me with kava a lot @Krunkie McKrunkface
It sometimes just hits and presence can flow through at immense amounts. I love it with all my heart for those moments

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
If a deep heavy effect with a mild taste is the goal, borongoru works for me.

Oh, my, God, Becky, look at her bucket. It's so big. She looks like one of those kava guys' girlfriends.