What's new

Drinking Mud-Water

Palma

Does everyone make kava this thick? i usually do 300ml of hot water for the first wash, with 4 tbsp of kava. this makes a very thick grog, sometimes making me gag. If it means anything, im using ambae kava from Vanuatu.

Its really heavy too. Im pretty new to kava, been drinking it on and off for the past 5 or so years. more off than on if you know what i mean!
Do i just need to get a lighter and more cerebral kava? This stuff puts me to sleep!

I use kava as a replacement for benzos, so i thought i would go for the heavier sleepier kavas, perhaps that was a mistake, as those kavas tend to taste more strongly. Are there kavas that actually taste kinda good? Ive only sampled heavy kavas so far and they have been pretty revolting. Does adding more water help, or does that affect the kneading processes efficiency?

JohnMichael

Kava Synchronized
Does everyone make kava this thick? i usually do 300ml of hot water for the first wash, with 4 tbsp of kava. this makes a very thick grog, sometimes making me gag. If it means anything, im using ambae kava from Vanuatu.

Its really heavy too. Im pretty new to kava, been drinking it on and off for the past 5 or so years. more off than on if you know what i mean!
Do i just need to get a lighter and more cerebral kava? This stuff puts me to sleep!

I use kava as a replacement for benzos, so i thought i would go for the heavier sleepier kavas, perhaps that was a mistake, as those kavas tend to taste more strongly. Are there kavas that actually taste kinda good? Ive only sampled heavy kavas so far and they have been pretty revolting. Does adding more water help, or does that affect the kneading processes efficiency?
From my perspective, that's a pretty intense ratio of root to water. Some here would disagree! More water would definitely improve taste, but not change it. But then you'll have a lot of fluid in your stomach. Everyone has their favorite cultivars for taste. My wife thinks the wakas all taste great. I like the effects. But. For better taste, you need some basal root, lawena, as part of the mix. Since I just got a new bag of Wow Kava yesterday from Nakamal at Home, I have to say that I always love the taste of that mix of cultivars. But there are many good ones. GHK has many good tasting ones. Among instants, I like the taste a lot of FijiVanua's Instant Gold...and it has strong balanced effects. If you drink enough, they all become heavy eventually...enjoy sampling!