What's new

Duration of effect

Gttxc

The company I work for has a pretty strict drug policy. It isn't concerned regarding legality but intoxication. I want to be able to enjoy kava occasionally after work but am I worried about being intoxicated by their definition. Their definition is roughly, you cannot be under the influence or after effects of any substance. For cannabis if you test positive you are considered intoxicated(cannabis is legal). So! How long would it take me to pass a hypothetical kava test. I know I won't be tested for it.

I've read a 9 hour half life. So this means 45 hours until I can pass this drugs test right?

I'm grasping at straws here. Haha I am hoping the 9 hour drug test is out of date...

Last edited:

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
The company I work for has a pretty strict drug policy. It isn't concerned regarding legality but intoxication. I want to be able to enjoy kava occasionally after work but am I worried about being intoxicated by their definition. Their definition is roughly, you cannot be under the influence or after effects of any substance. For cannabis if you test positive you are considered intoxicated(cannabis is legal). So! How long would it take me to pass a hypothetical kava test. I know I won't be tested for it.

I've read a 9 hour half life. So this means 40 hours until I can pass this drugs test right?

I'm grasping at straws here. Haha I am hoping the 9 hour drug test is out of date...
As kava is an accepted dietary supplement, and we are not aware of any kava drug tests. I'm personally more concerned with why they require no intoxication. Do you mind sharing what type of work you're in? It get the hint that it's either dangerous, tedious, or carries high liability. Kava is awesome, but can make you slightly foggy in the morning if you're going hard or get your hands on the wrong strain.

Gttxc

As kava is an accepted dietary supplement, and we are not aware of any kava drug tests. I'm personally more concerned with why they require no intoxication. Do you mind sharing what type of work you're in? It get the hint that it's either dangerous, tedious, or carries high liability. Kava is awesome, but can make you slightly foggy in the morning if you're going hard or get your hands on the wrong strain.
High liability. I work on equipment that supports and essential service but not directly providing the essential service. The essential support I provide is a small portion of the work I do and 99 percent of time is planned atleast 36 hours after a after work dose and 95 percent of the time. 72 hours. I have decent amount of experience with Kava and, as you said, I only experience grogginess from going to hard, wrong strain OR poor sleep because of having it too late.

I will abide by my companies regulations. Which includes after effects AND anything being in your system. It’s a great company so I want to do as the wish.

I feel like I’m answering my own question haha

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
I drink Kava as a dishwasher sometimes, I think it's perfectly okay to have a shell after work before bed.