What's new

Effect of long-term kava break

D Novak

Kava Curious
Hello all. So I have had a kava break of around 4 years. I have just ingested around 8tbsp in 32oz of water drunk over 30 minutes (it was KWK Borogu). I was looking around for answers to a question i had: "will taking a kava break affect my experience?" So I have decided to write about it. The effects of the kava are definitely dulled. That old dose used to get me krunk by far, possibly too krunk. But I feel relaxed and a bit tired. So i would say your tolerance to kava disappears over a long term break. I wonder if I'll be able to build my tolerance in a shorter amount of time than before (2 weeks) since i do feel slight effects, though I drank a monster dose in my humble opinion. So I have answered my first question, yes the experience is highly dulled compared to before. I shall answer my second question in time (will my tolerance build faster), and will report in time. However, I will be decreasing my dose since it is a waste. Any other experiences with long breaks would be appreciated if shared, and how long it took to regain the magic.
Bula fellow kava drinkers
-Novak

Kavaloloko

Kavaloloko Kava Co.
Kava Vendor
Hello all. So I have had a kava break of around 4 years. I have just ingested around 8tbsp in 32oz of water drunk over 30 minutes (it was KWK Borogu). I was looking around for answers to a question i had: "will taking a kava break affect my experience?" So I have decided to write about it. The effects of the kava are definitely dulled. That old dose used to get me krunk by far, possibly too krunk. But I feel relaxed and a bit tired. So i would say your tolerance to kava disappears over a long term break. I wonder if I'll be able to build my tolerance in a shorter amount of time than before (2 weeks) since i do feel slight effects, though I drank a monster dose in my humble opinion. So I have answered my first question, yes the experience is highly dulled compared to before. I shall answer my second question in time (will my tolerance build faster), and will report in time. However, I will be decreasing my dose since it is a waste. Any other experiences with long breaks would be appreciated if shared, and how long it took to regain the magic.
-Novak

Yes taking a long break will have an impact on how fast Kava hits you.. BUT, You will regain the "magic" sooner than you think! Take it slow and ease back in to it.. you'll be back to that great Kava relaxation in no time.

Hope this helps.

Jacob Bula

Nobody
-Novak
I've never taken that long of a break. But I have taken breaks of a month or two, and it only takes me two or three days to get back to normal.

D Novak

Kava Curious
two days back in, and I definitely feel the kava. It takes around 4 tbsp. toss and wash, but I can get kavafied. I would say at 75%ish of where I used to be, in regards to effect. 5 tbsp. in total and I am feeling a rush to my head and a pull to my body. Bula