What's new

Embarrassing things I say

simonsezso37

Kava Curious
So I've come to realize that sometimes when I've been drinking kava, I say some pretty stupid things. Now, I say a lot of stupid things, regardless of kava. However on kava, I tend to say some pretty personal things/embarrassing stories of my past. I think this may be due to me being anxiety free as I would never be without kava. Never once when drinking kava have I over thought a single thing. This isn't a lack of judgment, or a cloudiness. I remain sharp and stable throughout. I guess it really is just that much of a relaxant. I don't have a single worry about what I say, and I don't get worked up on stupid little nuances.

Maybe I just have to stop drinking kava when around other people :cautious::grumpy::cool:

blindy107

Kava Lover
I definitely talk too much. Not sure the content has been really personal though. I'll have to pay more attention I guess. That's an interesting outcome.

verticity

I'm interested in things
I find that it has much less of that effect than alcohol or benzos. Under the influence of those, I would say terrible, unforgivable things that I really regretted later. (That's a big part of the reason I don't use those things anymore). With kava it does reduce anxiety, and allow me to express myself more freely, but I have never felt embarrassed about anything I said afterwards. I still retain enough common sense and judgement to not say really stupid things. I feel that kava actually allows me to be my true self; it doesn't change me into a psychotic a-hole.

krazyforkava

Kava Enthusiast
I find that it has much less of that effect than alcohol or benzos. Under the influence of those, I would say terrible, unforgivable things that I really regretted later. (That's a big part of the reason I don't use those things anymore). With kava it does reduce anxiety, and allow me to express myself more freely, but I have never felt embarrassed about anything I said afterwards. I still retain enough common sense and judgement to not say really stupid things. I feel that kava actually allows me to be my true self; it doesn't change me into a psychotic a-hole.
I second that!

D

Deleted User01

@simonsezso37, ok, so you say some embarrassing things ... I'm all ears. :LOL:
Hey, I learned to put a sock in it a while back ... kinda. The scars from my wife constantly pinching me have finally healed. If you are talking to close friends, then who cares. Guys do that a lot when they are drunk anyway. But if you go up to strangers .... well then you better start focusing. :D Maybe you have just discovered the new "truth serum". What strain makes you "give it up". :oops:

Pacifico

Kava Enthusiast
I have only ever drank alone. I am saying embarrassing things vicariously through others here.

KavaLot

Kava Enthusiast
You gotta love the 'shield' effect associated with kava. I find generalized and social anxiety fall by the wayside with most varieties. I definitely prefer the headier stuff, which babbling seems to be a nice side effect.

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
Yeah, kava gets rid of my social anxiety to the point where I'm more honest and centered than I usually am. And it HAS gotten me into trouble by verbalizing some things probably best left unverbalized. Generally, though, I roll with it and own up to it afterwards because the kava seems to speak TRUTH for me and cut through a lot of BS in social situations. It's one of the reasons I love it so much.