What's new

Error 403 forbidden

worrier

Kava Curious
@Kapmcrunk Yeah, it seems like they have a lot of pre-configured security options which may relate to the problem.
For example:
5 page requests in 2 seconds constitutes a DoS and results in a 10 minute block
Since this forum relies heavily on AJAX requests, I suspect the limit of five page requests every two seconds is being met very quickly. What we users see as a single forum page could be several AJAX requests (in fact, my browser has made over 15 requests to http://kavaforums.com/forum/arrowchat/includes/json/receive/receive_core.php since I started typing this sentence).

Let me know if their support helps.

verticity

I'm interested in things
I've been noticing this issue also: random 403 errors popping up. Sometimes it happens when I try to post a comment, then if I reload the site and post the comment again it is fine. (This is not related to the pop-up that happens if you try to make a second post too soon after you already made one--this just happened and I had not posted anything in 24 hours). It also sometimes happens when I click on one of the page number buttons to go to another page of a post.

I do have adblock+ and Ghostery installed in my browser, but they are both disabled on kava forums.

verticity

I'm interested in things
@Kapmcrunk Yeah, it seems like they have a lot of pre-configured security options which may relate to the problem.
For example:

Since this forum relies heavily on AJAX requests, I suspect the limit of five page requests every two seconds is being met very quickly. What we users see as a single forum page could be several AJAX requests (in fact, my browser has made over 15 requests to http://kavaforums.com/forum/arrowchat/includes/json/receive/receive_core.php since I started typing this sentence).

Let me know if their support helps.
Ok, that makes sense. It does seem to happen more frequently if I have multiple tabs open with Kava Forums, which I sometimes do, for example if I search for something and then open several search results in different tabs.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Pulling my hair out seems to be the only thing left to try. I'm back in the ring with the host...so...cross your fingers, toes, arms and legs for me.