What's new

Powdered Kava Review 'Eva

Megan

Kava Enthusiast
I broke out my little bag of 'Eva last night and it is something special!

I had honestly almost given up on medium grind, I just never felt like I was "doing it right" but the strainer bag that Cactus Kava so generously provides with the purchase of any medium grind was so much better than the nut milk bag I was using. It totally changed the preparation experience for me. I finally got to the "straw" stage of the prep, where the kava felt dry, whereas before with my previous strainer, it always felt like clay, no matter how long I kneaded it or how hard I squeezed it.

Now on to the beautiful Eva.... effects came on at about 20 min, I downed probably 2 shells in that time, trying to get as much as I could in before dinner was ready : )
Effects were definitely heady, but also very muscle relaxing without tiredness. Really good euphoria, I feel like the initial effects were cut a little short for me because I ate dinner not too long after drinking those 2 shells. I did feel nice and relaxed and happy throughout the evening and slept like a baby.

Now on to the next day, which is what makes this Kava dear to my heart already. This morning I woke up feeling happy and light hearted, which I haven't experienced with kava yet. The anti-anxiety effects were phenomenal, and I had given up on kava having anti-depressant effects, but I hadn't met Eva yet : )

I had a few more shells this morning (maybe more than a few), finishing off the batch over about 30 min. Literally the moment I finished drinking the last shell, my ex husband texted to tell me his dad had passed away over night. So, really big bummer- not what you want to deal with right after drinking all your kava :(.

I can not believe the anti-anxiety and anti-depressant effects of this kava. I will make another batch tonight and hope for a little time to enjoy it without eating right away or sad news. I am really, really, so happy and I can't wait to try the rest of Cactus Kava's Lineup.

Also, A+++ customer service and shipping time.

::tipshat:: to you Cactus Kava!

Last edited by a moderator:

CactusKava

Phoenix, AZ
Kava Vendor
I'm glad 'Eva helped you out, @Megan ! She's quite the therapist.

I think learning how to prep your traditional grind kava is really a key step in getting the most out of your root. Good on your for sticking through that process! I always drink my kava at night and find that it's anti-anxiety properties really help throughout the next day. As you start to get more comfortable with it, I'm sure you'll have similar experiences.

As always, please let me know if you have any questions, fellow Phoenician!

TidyMinion

Kava Padawan
Great review, I'm sold on the 'Eva ordering it now. The anti-anxiety effect and next day ease of life in general is what took kava from just a kind of stress relief to actual medicine for me. I may have been hitting the not-so-noble kavas out there a little too hard lately really looking forward to a good, clean kava!

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
With a migraine still lingering, anxiety and stress at a high level (San Bernadino shootings), I decided I needed some heavy relaxation. Switched from my usual afternoon 'Ono to 'Eva! Wow. She's done a fine job. 2 tbsp to 6 oz water over the course of a couple of hours has really silenced the headache and calmed the nerves without over-sedation. Just lying down with calming music has helped get me to a semi-good place. Another good kava from @CactusKava. Bula!