What's new

Facebook kava and the constant link with kr@tom

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
UGG Just liked the Facebook kava forums post and Facebook spams me with kr@tom suggestions. Me thinks this is an unwinnable battle...

Just venting have a nice day y'all!

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
I hate to say it but what if we as a forum decided agisnt the word kava . Lol and chose a traditional name or kawa. Idk kava itself has so much baggage already

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
UGG Just liked the Facebook kava forums post and Facebook spams me with kr@tom suggestions. Me thinks this is an unwinnable battle...

Just venting have a nice day y'all!
Nothing in our Facebook settings has us linked with K@, that I can assure you. It is rather discouraging (to say the least) that even Facebook thinks they're the same. Does anyone with marketing or social networking experience have any pointers on how we may go about fighting that, or are we bowled over with metadata? I guess once K@ becomes illegal it'll start trying to sell people who like us on Facebook nutmeg or something. That's embarrassing. For kavaforums, for kava, for all of us.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
If I had to hazard a guess it might be because of mutual group membership. i.e. some people who like kava forums are members of K@ groups. Or it could be because they are often associated in (non-kava forums and KF vendor) contexts.

It's far from the silliest thing on Facebook, I wouldn't worry about it.

Ligermeat

Warm and Fuzzeh!
If I had to hazard a guess it might be because of mutual group membership. i.e. some people who like kava forums are members of K@ groups. Or it could be because they are often associated in (non-kava forums and KF vendor) contexts.

It's far from the silliest thing on Facebook, I wouldn't worry about it.
If some of us kava lovers are committing adulterey with K@, they must be brought to light and punished for their sins. Let the K@ witch hunt begin ::zilla::!

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
My line has always been that this is the Kava Forums, so we talk about kava. If you want to talk about other things, go to other forums.

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor

verticity

I'm interested in things
On Facebook we could refer to it as sakau. But then very few people would know what we are talking about. @Kapmcrunk I think bowled over by metadata is right. Facebook metadata probably show that people interested in the KF page are also likely to be interested in K@. I don't know if there is any thing that can be done, except people who don't want spam about K@ can select "I am not interested in this" or "This ad is not relevant to me" on the individual ads (I know there used to be such an option--hopefully it is still there)

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
Yeah I had a friend request that I thought was about kava, then next thing they are advertising the Kroat they sell. It bothered me so much because it was on my page and I wasn't getting internet signal on my cell and couldn't de-friend them fast enough. My girlfriend was all calm down Joe, we will get near signal soon.

verticity

I'm interested in things
The length of this name reminds me of the longest place name in New Zealand, which is Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tauma...pukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu)

:)
Ah, that reminds me of my boyhood days on the shores of Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg, where we would fish for black-crowned Central American squirrel monkeys, and sing songs of lament that English is not a compounding language.