What's new

Fat consumption post shell

MikeNMissy

Kava Curious
I've read and seen many posting about the benefits of consuming a fat source after grog is drank. My question is this. If kavalactones are released in the grog by emulsification how are they increased or potentiated in the stomach by ingesting fat shortly after drinking a shell? Can additional kavalactones be extracted from grog in the stomach? Just a question.

Cameron

Kava Curious
I’m just guessing, but perhaps the fat absorbing the kavalactones prevents the body from excreting them?

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
I wonder if this is less of a factor when somebody already consumes a pretty high fat diet. I mean, I do myself. Healthy fats savevmy lifes seriously. Bizarre complications and allergies from long term Lyme disease make it impossible for me to eat enough carbohydrates, and other foods.

And I love good fat. Like coconut oil, olive oil. I love homemade ghee, but react too much to it. Plus fish, nuts, organic meat etc.

So I eat tons of fat. It saves me from wasting away. And I have long been a believer in the high healtby fat diet.

So I would assume that the need for fat AFTER Kava, to get stronger, fuller effects, may be far less significant if high natural fat consumption is standard.

Just a thought anyway.

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
Just my own theory: eating fat helps transport kavalactones into the bloodstream more efficiently. Maybe the fat dissolves KL’s directly, or maybe it just helps keep KL particles emulsified.

MikeNMissy

Kava Curious
I've flirted with keto. I lost 30 pounds in about 6 weeks. High fat, 20 net carbs or less a day. I wasn't drinking kava then. I'm too poor for keto atm lol. I need to get us back on it. I am stumbling around this kava ocean trying to catch that wave of waves. I know it's there and can't wait to not only find it but learn how to find it on command. I'm gonna go drink some butter n milk then pound some borongoru. Wish me luck!

Mo'iety

Kava Enthusiast
Just my own theory: eating fat helps transport kavalactones into the bloodstream more efficiently. Maybe the fat dissolves KL’s directly, or maybe it just helps keep KL particles emulsified.
This is what I suspect as well. Dietary fat is well known to help absorption of lipophilic compounds in the GI tract, including several vitamins. I don't see why it wouldn't be the case with KLs as well.