What's new

Fiji Vanua Kava

doogalas

Kava Curious
I just received 20lbs of Loloma waka from Fiji Vanua Kava. The price was amazing at 600 dollars. That is 30 dollars a lb! I thought I should review it. I was getting premium and AAA waka and Vanuatu from Best Fiji Kava and though I like their kava and will continueto buy it, FVK kava seems like a step up for me. Fiji Vanua Loloma waka runs a 4-2-3 chemotype that is heady and does not put me right to sleep. It smells and tastes great. It does not give me gas like the other. It seems really clean and pure actually. There is a swirly euphoric feeling to this one. I strongly suggest it! Tesh, the owner, is extremely kind.

Last edited:

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I just received 20lbs of Loloma waka from Fiji Vanua Kava. The price was amazing at 600 dollars. That is 30 dollars a lb! I thought I should review it. I was getting premium and AAA waka and Vanuatu from Best Fiji Kava and though I like their kava, FVK kava seems like a step up for me. The other brand was slightly lackluster in terms of effects. Fiji Vanua Loloma waka runs a 4-2-3 chemotype that is heady and does not put me right to sleep. It smells and tastes great. It does not give me gas like the other one did. It seems really clean and pure actually. There is a swirly euphoric feeling to this one. I strongly suggest it! Tesh, the owner, is extremely kind.
Yeah buddy! Just got my 10lbs in of Malo Tongan. He's bringing quality kavas to the market with something I value as much as the product, and that's his attitude. He's a great guy to just strike up a conversation with, and he's always looking for products that customers are requesting. He'll have cocoa kava here quite soon.

doogalas

Kava Curious
Thanks for the reply! How does the tongan compare in effect? It seemed a bit pricier, but maybe he can cut a deal at 10lb? Bula!

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Thanks for the reply! How does the tongan compare in effect? It seemed a bit pricier, but maybe he can cut a deal at 10lb? Bula!
The Tongan has a nice heady slap to it that I love. It also lets me sleep with little issue, dries my skin minimally, and allows me to wake up feeling refreshed the next morning. Really a fantastic root.

Echoing @Edward in that a good Tongan kava fetches a higher price tag, but I bet he'd still be willing to work with you on larger quantities.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
The Tongan has a nice heady slap to it that I love. It also lets me sleep with little issue, dries my skin minimally, and allows me to wake up feeling refreshed the next morning. Really a fantastic root.

Echoing @Edward in that a good Tongan kava fetches a higher price tag, but I bet he'd still be willing to work with you on larger quantities.
I did notice that their expert reviewer appears to be a certain Mr J Price.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
I did notice that their expert reviewer appears to be a certain Mr J Price.
Yo Edward. I was just thinking now...AGAIN...how smart it would be if we were priviledged here to order ourselves.

If you have some sort of roundabout success there please let me know.

Hope you are well Edward.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
So far the Tongan has been my jam. Strong enough, but not too strong. Has a great uplifting effect. The Vanuatu kava is so strong it needs to be mixed 50/50 with weaker roots. Old roots are good. Sort of in the medium category for strength.
I can relate to what you describe more clearly as I gain more experience.

Like for example the Borongoru being almost too strong.

Strength isn't everything we know, but is good to have on hand.

The Koro Islands, for it's high potency, is somehow manageable comfortable.

There is actually only one kava I have in house, I hesitate to use, because it can really knock me hard.

KavaDepot Vanuatu Waka. Lol it's the only kava in the cupboard full which I try and forget is there.

Mixing a nice heady Tongan-Ofa's Kava is perfect, (very smooth tasting and tummy gentle too) is nice for 50/50 with say Borongoru, or a heavy Fijian.

Last night I blended 28 grams Borongoru with 32 grams kelai in 1 Litre.

Really thick, strong drink. Kelai maybe not the one to temper the potency of their Borongoru.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I can relate to what you describe more clearly as I gain more experience.

Like for example the Borongoru being almost too strong.

Strength isn't everything we know, but is good to have on hand.

The Koro Islands, for it's high potency, is somehow manageable comfortable.

There is actually only one kava I have in house, I hesitate to use, because it can really knock me hard.

KavaDepot Vanuatu Waka. Lol it's the only kava in the cupboard full which I try and forget is there.

Mixing a nice heady Tongan-Ofa's Kava is perfect, (very smooth tasting and tummy gentle too) is nice for 50/50 with say Borongoru, or a heavy Fijian.

Last night I blended 28 grams Borongoru with 32 grams kelai in 1 Litre.

Really thick, strong drink. Kelai maybe not the one to temper the potency of their Borongoru.
Good combo. I've personally had some time with the Kelai/boro strains in combination and I think they complement each other. Same with the tongan. Excellent mixing kava to accentuate the heady aspects.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Good combo. I've personally had some time with the Kelai/boro strains in combination and I think they complement each other. Same with the tongan. Excellent mixing kava to accentuate the heady aspects.
I have a milder Savusavu to KT's. It has a gorgepus, Distinctive smoky Aroma and taste.

It's not as strong as the KT, But it's very palatable and the effects are extremely pleasant and uplifting Without being too strong and I find that one in particular really adds an extra special mood Lift To the experience And perfectly tempers the heaviness of the heavier kava perfectly.

I have Bir Kar en route. Being described as fast and short in effect It may be a very good one to combine with the longer lasting heavy's so I will certainly try that combination out soon.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
So far the Tongan has been my jam. Strong enough, but not too strong. Has a great uplifting effect. The Vanuatu kava is so strong it needs to be mixed 50/50 with weaker roots. Old roots are good. Sort of in the medium category for strength.
Sounds like 100% Vanu it is. I didn't think the old roots was strong.

Palmetto

Thank God!
Not meaning to sound trite, but I really wish I knew a kava that was too strong for me. That being said, I usually stay below 6 tablespoons per day, for economy's sake.

doogalas

Kava Curious

I have never woke up refreshed. Always a bit hungover. If I am lucky it fades by afternoon. That Tongan sounds nice though!

doogalas

Kava Curious
Not meaning to sound trite, but I really wish I knew a kava that was too strong for me. That being said, I usually stay below 6 tablespoons per day, for economy's sake.
well, this stuff has thrown me into full blown panic attack last night. Similar to THC. That is a sign it is too strong for me @ 6 tbsp as well.