What's new

Fiji Women's Pro - surfers drinking kava gallery

Pacifico

Kava Enthusiast
I think this is quite cool. Honestly, I don't know much about where women fall into the kava drinking world. Perhaps it varies in different societies too. The lack of women in this forum surprises me a bit. I can say that at the mainland kava bars I have been to, there is a mix. This is "new world" kava drinking to me though and sometimes "Groupon" experimenting. It's fun to watch new people try kava for the first time.

Pacifico

Kava Enthusiast
My wife and my daughter drink kava, they love my kava. There are a lot of girls that drink kava over here in Hawaii and it looks like in Fiji too. Aloha.

Chris
That is good to know. There obviously isn't a ton mass marketing when it comes to kava like other drinks. However, most Budweiser commercials are based on me too, I guess. but I know women drink it.

verticity

I'm interested in things
I think this is quite cool. Honestly, I don't know much about where women fall into the kava drinking world. Perhaps it varies in different societies too. The lack of women in this forum surprises me a bit. I can say that at the mainland kava bars I have been to, there is a mix. This is "new world" kava drinking to me though and sometimes "Groupon" experimenting. It's fun to watch new people try kava for the first time.
In very traditional societies in Vanuatu, Tonga, etc, women were actually forbidden from drinking kava. I believe this is changing, but I recall Henry posting a video about Tongans(?) in NZ, which was a bunch of men being served kava by a single woman, who did not drink it herself...

On this forum, I wouldn't say there is a lack of women. But I have heard that in a lot of cases women tend to not put themselves out there on internet forums because of fear of harassment, creepy PMs, etc. I'm sure the men on this forum would not act that way, but unfortunately many corners of the internet are not so respectful of women.

Pacifico

Kava Enthusiast
In very traditional societies in Vanuatu, Tonga, etc, women were actually forbidden from drinking kava. I believe this is changing, but I recall Henry posting a video about Tongans(?) in NZ, which was a bunch of men being served kava by a single woman, who did not drink it herself...

On this forum, I wouldn't say there is a lack of women. But I have heard that in a lot of cases women tend to not put themselves out there on internet forums because of fear of harassment, creepy PMs, etc. I'm sure the men on this forum would not act that way, but unfortunately many corners of the internet are not so respectful of women.
Yeah and lots of societies are still very traditional. I once went to a dog meat restaurant in Asia with my ex and they brought her chicken that she didn't even order.

verticity

I'm interested in things
Yeah and lots of societies are still very traditional. I once went to a dog meat restaurant in Asia with my ex and they brought her chicken that she didn't even order.
What??? Are women forbidden to eat dog meat or something?