What's new

Fill me in- what have I missed?

Skywalker

Kava Enthusiast
Hey Kids

Whats new? I've been away for a while. Had to take a break from the flavour.

Has anyone figured out a fix for that in my absence?

Kicking back with some PK blend #7, wash and toss because I'm over kneading it. So over.

Kimmer

Patently irritable
My only advice is to chill it as cold as you can, chug and chase with something you like.

greenbeen

Kava Enthusiast
I find using a straw works excellent if your trying to minimize the taste. I practically deep throat the straw so my mouth doesnt go numb and it works excellent. I too, mix my kava 50-50 with ice cold water after I finish kneading.

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
I found V8 Splash orange pineapple really fights off the taste. I used it as a chaser but since my girlfriend can't drink it, she has me make it in the Splash all the time.

BulaJones

My tongue is numb!
Usually I just chase it with something sour. We buy those little bottles of concentrated 'water enhancers', so I just make a strong glass to chase the kava.

I have had some luck mixing in some cocoa and half&half. Just throw 1-2 teaspoons of cocoa in the bag with your kava before kneading. A little goes a long way. I have been tempted to throw a shot of espresso in the mix to make an iced kava mocha.

greenbeen

Kava Enthusiast
Iced kava mocha sounds magically delicious. I get these sodacan-style mocha ice coffees at the dollar store that taste amazing so i might have to try that today. Its sounds perfect on a sunday anyways. Thanks for the idea