What's new

First extract tryout

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Well I'm used to strong kava but the lemon honey extract from roh just blew me sideways temporarily. I'm guessing it's the sublingual absorption of it. It was a lovely warm rush of euphoria but i did feel quite sick for a little while. Maybe i used too much but i dont think so. Maybe diluting with some warm water to slow down the absorption might suit me better? Anyone had any experience of this, got any pointers?

nickbroken

Kava Enthusiast
Well I'm used to strong kava but the lemon honey extract from roh just blew me sideways temporarily. I'm guessing it's the sublingual absorption of it. It was a lovely warm rush of euphoria but i did feel quite sick for a little while. Maybe i used too much but i dont think so. Maybe diluting with some warm water to slow down the absorption might suit me better? Anyone had any experience of this, got any pointers?
Use less, I have used extracts a few times and they just knock you down because of the absorption. Sublingual anything just moves so fast, using micro or instant sublingually has the same effect, but you really cant use as much because putting a tablespoon of powder in your mouth sucks and takes a while to break down. Thus any extract is going to take you to the moon.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
How much did you use? The only extract I've used is the one from GHK a couple years ago, before I disqualified myself from micro. I learned the hard way that if some is good, more is not better.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I used a little less than a quarter of a teaspoon which is the recommended amount. Some people have said use a pea sized amount, I suppose it might have been that much. It seemed to be a lot of KL's in one go rather than a measured addition of KL's over multiple shells. I have had vaguley similar experiences when I used to mix instants really strong. Not the immediacy of effects but certainly the intensity. I'll try again with a lot less next time. Thanks both.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
I used a little less than a quarter of a teaspoon which is the recommended amount. Some people have said use a pea sized amount, I suppose it might have been that much. It seemed to be a lot of KL's in one go rather than a measured addition of KL's over multiple shells. I have had vaguley similar experiences when I used to mix instants really strong. Not the immediacy of effects but certainly the intensity. I'll try again with a lot less next time. Thanks both.
Did you try the old Paradise extracts for comparison?

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Hands down the best tasting extract I ever had. Just nailed that taste, imo. Real nice effects, too. On the strong side of mild.

But yeah, I second the notion of trying with the dosage dialed. Back.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
No, I hadn't been drinking long when they disappeared. Shame as I used to love their instant.
That instant was one of my favorites. Funny you brought it up. I recently found an old bag of it that still has a few spoonfuls left. No idea how that escaped consumption.

I think I'll try this extract out.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
That instant was one of my favorites. Funny you brought it up. I recently found an old bag of it that still has a few spoonfuls left. No idea how that escaped consumption.

I think I'll try this extract out.
It's very fast acting and heady. Once I'd settled down it was pleasant enough but I do prefer more heavy kava.