What's new

First-timer from Missouri

Def Dave

Hello! Yesterday I began my Kava journey. I have an AluBall and some weak Kava Fijian Waka from Amazon I've been drinking, but thankfully I have some better stuff (Loa Waka Fiji Kava) coming from Kalm with Kava in the next few days. I also ordered some micronized Loa Lawena from Cactus Kava that's set to arrive next week.

This stuff from Amazon has been very calming and makes me almost lethargic. I'm hoping some of the other stuff coming gives me at least a little bit of a euphoric effect in addition to the muscle relaxant/calming effect.

I'm very grateful to this forum. I've been lurking around here for a while reading posts..lol There's a ton of helpful info here and seems to be a lot of great people. :)

Pounigirl

Kava Enthusiast
Welcome Dave. I'm glad you came out of lurking to say hi. It sounds like you have a nice variety of kavas coming your way. Enjoy them. It's always fun trying new kava and learning how they effect you. Sounds like you are off to a really good start. :)

You said that the kava you have is weak? Have you tried doing it in the blender and then passing it through a kava strainer bag or doing traditional hand prep? I only ask because I have noticed that some grinds don't work as well in the Aluball which can result in a weak brew. Just a thought. :)

Welcome again and good luck with your kava journey. It's an awesome ride. (y)

Def Dave

Thanks yall. I'm a couple of days in now. I've been hitting it hard in order to get over this reverse tolerance more quickly. Yesterday I think I actually had too much Kava. I was feeling pretty good though. The best part of my weekend: No alcohol. :) I usually binge on Friday nights but with Kava, I haven't wanted to.

D

Deleted User01

Welcome to the Kava Forums. No matter what, the Kava you are drinking now is putting kavalactones in your bloodstream which means better effects in the future.

Def Dave

Welcome to the Kava Forums. No matter what, the Kava you are drinking now is putting kavalactones in your bloodstream which means better effects in the future.
Yes indeed and I love it. So it's Monday and I'm back at work after an enjoyable, productive weekend without alcohol. Mondays usually suck for me as I'm typically still recovering from a Friday night beer binge. But instead, I drank kava all weekend and now this is a Monday that doesn't totally suck.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk