What's new

First two times taking kava

Hi,

I'm a kava newbie.
Got some Quick Kava Powder from GKE.

The last two nights I took 4 x 3 teaspoons mixed in milk.

I had nice effects from it. Found it hard to sleep afterwards though, and I had a slight feeling of nausea. I'm fairly dehydrated today as well.

I was glad not to have reverse tolerance, though it took four cups the first night to feel a good effect. Last night I could feel a bit more after 3 cups but went for the fourth one anyway.

Next time I might try taking a bit less & hopefully avoid the difficulty sleeping & nausea.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Hi,

I'm a kava newbie.
Got some Quick Kava Powder from GKE.

The last two nights I took 4 x 3 teaspoons mixed in milk.

I had nice effects from it. Found it hard to sleep afterwards though, and I had a slight feeling of nausea. I'm fairly dehydrated today as well.

I was glad not to have reverse tolerance, though it took four cups the first night to feel a good effect. Last night I could feel a bit more after 3 cups but went for the fourth one anyway.

Next time I might try taking a bit less & hopefully avoid the difficulty sleeping & nausea.
I'm a lorry driver so I've used a lot of instant and particularly that one. The difficulty sleeping will go away once you get more used to it. These days that one knocks me out pretty good :) . With the nausea you can try spacing the shells out a bit more. I usually spread them out by an hour. You will also find that over time you will need less and less of it. Once I've been drinking it for a few days I find I can use 2 teaspoons and still get nice effects, in fact 3 makes me a bit uncomfortable :)

Oh, and definitely drink as much water as you can. Get some dehydration tablets too, saves you chugging so much water.

Milk is a really good idea as there is something in it that kick starts the kava. You can mix it 50/50 or even 25/75 with water if you want.

Thanks for reply Edward. If I have some tonight I'll try a bit less and see how it goes. (I'm also getting through the 100g pretty quickly).

Does it make any difference if you drink it slower and swish it around in your mouth while drinking? I've been knocking them back.

I can see already that it is a good alcohol substitute

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Thanks for reply Edward. If I have some tonight I'll try a bit less and see how it goes. (I'm also getting through the 100g pretty quickly).

Does it make any difference if you drink it slower and swish it around in your mouth while drinking? I've been knocking them back.

I can see already that it is a good alcohol substitute
I bought about a kilo last time, it's one I always want in stock :)

You could start with 2 teaspoons in 200-250ml of liquid and see how you feel 45 mins later. Just keep adding until you feel ok but be careful because the effects take a while to show themselves after drinking. You can make yourself feel pretty ill if you drink too much.

I used to swill but now just chug. @Ligermeat swears by swilling to get the taste in your mouth to avoid gagging but I do ok with just getting it down.

I used to drink 4 to 10 UK units a day and more on the weekend. If I didn't have a drink I'd be pretty anxious and narky. I haven't had any alcohol for weeks now and even that was just a few. My wife used to insist on me drinking alcohol with her but I've persuaded her to let me just drink kava and I haven't looked back. I've been drinking kava for a year now and got cravings for about 6 or 8 months but recently I don't even get the cravings for alcohol anymore :)

If you need anything, if I can help in any way just get in touch, I'd be happy to help.