What's new

Flying anxiety - looking for recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spellwriter

Kava Curious
hey all,

I have to fly for work on Tuesday. His me with your best instant recommendations so I can do it without freaking out! Whatever it is I'll have to get it overnighted, I hope the regular vendors can do that...

Thanks!!!!

PepperyPyrone

I'll have the pyrones with some pepper, please.
I don't have flying anxiety, or anxiety in general but I love to relax with the Earth's gift of kava anytime that's humanly possible, and I fly a lot. Hey maybe that's why I don't have flying anxiety?! Haha. I have noticed that since I found kava and enjoy it on a regular basis, flight turbulence doesn't phase me anymore. When having trouble sleeping while flying, I have mixed up some KWK Borogu micro with my drink on a plane and it relaxed the hell out of me and allowed me to drift off to sleep quickly. I think you can get this on Amazon relatively fast. If you have severe flight anxiety there is also the Boroguru micro from KWK, but you might want to tell the person next to you to wake you up when de-boarding the plane or you might wake up somewhere else, hopefully Hawaii. Another option (my favorite overall cultivars) if you had a bit more time to wait on shipping, or if you could work something out with Chris depending on how far you are away from Hawaii, would be GHK instant Nene or micro Nene or Boroguru. If not for this flight then definitely a future flight. Best of luck!

verticity

I'm interested in things
You could try @Kalm with Kava beverage concentrate. With the concentrate, you could put some in a 100 mL bottle (the 3.4 oz bottles that are allowed in carry on bags). I think the concentrate is made from borongoru, which is a variety that is good for anxiety. The beverage is not as strong as instants or micronized, but it can help you relax a little. I don't know if they can ship things overnight though. Alternately, you might be able to buy some Gaia capsules from a health food or vitamin store near you. They are one of the better varieties of extract pills.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
If you don't want to mess around mixing kava on a plane and all the troubles of carrying liquids on flights then just go with kava candies... they're not as strong as instant or micro but you can keep popping them in until you feel calm ;-)

Spellwriter

Kava Curious
I don't have flying anxiety, or anxiety in general but I love to relax with the Earth's gift of kava anytime that's humanly possible, and I fly a lot. Hey maybe that's why I don't have flying anxiety?! Haha. I have noticed that since I found kava and enjoy it on a regular basis, flight turbulence doesn't phase me anymore. When having trouble sleeping while flying, I have mixed up some KWK Borogu micro with my drink on a plane and it relaxed the hell out of me and allowed me to drift off to sleep quickly. I think you can get this on Amazon relatively fast. If you have severe flight anxiety there is also the Boroguru micro from KWK, but you might want to tell the person next to you to wake you up when de-boarding the plane or you might wake up somewhere else, hopefully Hawaii. Another option (my favorite overall cultivars) if you had a bit more time to wait on shipping, or if you could work something out with Chris depending on how far you are away from Hawaii, would be GHK instant Nene or micro Nene or Boroguru. If not for this flight then definitely a future flight. Best of luck!
I freaking wish it was Hawaii instead of D.C.!!!

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
If I had flying anxiety I would have never started my career. For example, today I flew from Johannesburg, South Africa to New York/JFK. That's a 16 hour flight. My solution? Wine

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
I can't imagine Kava having the kind of calming effect that works for flights, but maybe that's just because I'm not scared of flying and can't sympathize

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I hate flying too and do it twice a year, every few years to Brazil. It's strange for me because as a kid and for a good part of my life, I loved flying. Somewhere in my mid 20's when I had my first panic attack followed by increased anxiety, is when I started not liking it as much.
Nowadays, when I have to fly, I make sure I stay nice and krunked a good week before the flight, throughout the entire trip. In my opinion all kava is good kava for traveling, I bring a few pounds with me one open on hand with the aluball in my carry on, the others for the rest of the trip. I have to say, it is still a bit stressful, but I try to stay positive and try to enjoy the experience.

Jerome

Kava Lover
If I had flying anxiety I would have never started my career. For example, today I flew from Johannesburg, South Africa to New York/JFK. That's a 16 hour flight. My solution? Wine
Agreed. I never had flying anxiety in my youth but as I got older, it started to bug me. Wine does wonders. Particularly when it follows a tall beer and precedes a scotch on the rocks. I flew in and out of central america about 50 times in 3 years and the turbulence in some of those airports were wild. Booze sure helped!

Status
Not open for further replies.