What's new

Food is bad

Happy G

Kava Curious
anybody else have this problem , I was getting deep into a nice strong kava zone then 20 mins into it I decided to eat some potatoes and ranch and bam just like that it turned down the kava significantly making it very gentle killing the vibe ,,But other times I’ll eat food and it makes it so much stronger anyone else have this happen to them ?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
anybody else have this problem , I was getting deep into a nice strong kava zone then 20 mins into it I decided to eat some potatoes and ranch and bam just like that it turned down the kava significantly making it very gentle killing the vibe ,,But other times I’ll eat food and it makes it so much stronger anyone else have this happen to them ?
Starchy foods may slow the absorption of kava. That's my hypothesis. It tends to go the other way for foods with more fats.

Happy G

Kava Curious
Starchy foods may slow the absorption of kava. That's my hypothesis. It tends to go the other way for foods with more fats.
I think your right kapmcrunk. I also had this happen a couple of other times when I decided to eat some potato chips so I think starch does slow it down somehow . I’m defiantly avoiding that when I’m enjoying my kava , hey but this could maybe be good for someone who had a little too many shells and it’s to strong for them .I personally like it strong but some people get overwhelmed if it’s too strong they could try eating some starch when they find it overwhelming .

Happy G

Kava Curious
Or if you start going deep into your kava session then your boss calls and needs you to go to work ..... haha bring on the potato’s !!!

Zaphod

Kava Lover
I think your right kapmcrunk. I also had this happen a couple of other times when I decided to eat some potato chips so I think starch does slow it down somehow . I’m defiantly avoiding that when I’m enjoying my kava , hey but this could maybe be good for someone who had a little too many shells and it’s to strong for them .I personally like it strong but some people get overwhelmed if it’s too strong they could try eating some starch when they find it overwhelming .
Think high fat/protien meals...meats, cheeses, fatty meals tend to bump it up for me. Sugary foods tend to be neutral (like fruit etc.). Things like bread, pasta, rice etc. tend to slow it down. This usually relates to mostly the kavain heady effect. I still find the heavier kavas just come on slower and steadier with food. This can sometimes be a good thing.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
Pretty sure I've never put ranch on potatoes after drinking kava.

Happy G

Kava Curious
Yes I have been experimenting with this for the last week and I found that you guys where right avoid the starchy foods and bring on the fatty foods . I really like eating ice cream after it . I have also found that if I mix in a scoop of protein to my grog it seems to make it a bit stronger for me especially if I do it after a workout . So I just avoid the starchy foods during my kava session and I have had way better results .

AZcat

Kava Drinker
I've never been sure what are the best foods to eat when you are on Kava. If I eat anything, its likely to be nuts and dried fruit, but I find the experience is much better if I don't eat anything.

Pauluk

Kava Enthusiast
Two weeks ago we had ordered some dominoes so I drink three shells of Supreme in an hour. Just to get some down me before I stated eating. My pizza was a meat feast and I wolfed it Down. It made me feel the kava even more. Probably all that fat.

Happy G

Kava Curious
Two weeks ago we had ordered some dominoes so I drink three shells of Supreme in an hour. Just to get some down me before I stated eating. My pizza was a meat feast and I wolfed it Down. It made me feel the kava even more. Probably all that fat.
Yes I often drink kava an hour or so before eating cause during the week days it’s the best time for me to enjoy my kava , I usually enjoy food after a couple of shells and it usually does make it stronger .