What's new

Fresh Frozen Molokai Awa Root

Palmetto

Thank God!
So does it need to stay frozen for it to retain its stronger effects, or is there a way to keep the fresh kava effects after it thaws?

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
So does it need to stay frozen for it to retain its stronger effects, or is there a way to keep the fresh kava effects after it thaws?
It's only gotta stay frozen to avoid spoilage, thaw the amount you intend on using and put the rest back in the freezer. Fresh frozen that I've had does thaw quite a bit in transit, but was still cold and unspoiled. Keep in mind that it takes something like 5 or 10 lbs of fresh kava to equal 1 pound of dry kava. So if you try to use your usual dry kava measurements/doses, you'll make a very weak drink. ::KavaChug::

PsyGuru

Kava Enthusiast
here is an email I got from him today:

Depends how much it weighs, I will have to pack it up, weigh then call fed ex with weight and dimensions and they give me a quote. I sent only 3 lbs to GA, fed-ex freight was approximately $60.
In August we had Nene & Mo'oula, presently we have only Nene for 3 weeks, then we will have only Hanakapi'ai for 3-4 weeks, then later another variety.
Since August, we have started a policy, for us to make it worth our time and effort to pack it up, we set a minimum of 6 lbs. to make it worth the effort, so unless you purchase 6 + lbs. we will not be able to send.
Keala
Pu'u O Hoku Ranch
Office Manager
808-558-8109

6lbs...need to make room in the freezer and win the lottery