What's new

Kava Recipe Fresh Turmeric Juice Chaser Recipe

Ricardo Piquant

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I don't normally use chasers, except on special occasion I'll make these turmeric shots and they go lovely with the earthy taste of kava. Try it, maybe you'll like. Spicy, earthy, zingy, and crazy healthy. You'll need a strong blender or perhaps a food processor to make, and a strainer.

Turmeric Juice Kava Chaser Shots
*5 fresh, big plump whole turmeric roots
*1 healthy knob fresh ginger (or more to taste)
*a few turns fresh cracked black pepper
*1 cup apple juice (approx)

Wash all roots. No need to peel. Place in good blender (I use a 2hp ninja food processor with the juicer cup assembly). Add juice, and a few turns black pepper. Blend until roots are completely pulverized. Now, strain through metal strainer, applying pressure with spoon to extract juice, while collecting into a cup. Careful, turmeric's yellow color stains hard! The resulting juice will be a bit frothy and thick. Split into double shot glasses. Chase your kava!

It's an excellent alternative to sweet chasers, and I find complements kava's effects nicely. Bula

Last edited:

Skylar

Kava Curious
Wow this sounds awesome... I prefer savoury and I love love love Turmeric... I can see how it would go well...

I like to make a turmeric paste for Golden Tea which has coconut milk and turmeric... it is a warm drink though so maybe not so good? Newbie here and I am sure I read you should not heat up the Kava?

Ricardo Piquant

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Wow this sounds awesome... I prefer savoury and I love love love Turmeric... I can see how it would go well...

I like to make a turmeric paste for Golden Tea which has coconut milk and turmeric... it is a warm drink though so maybe not so good? Newbie here and I am sure I read you should not heat up the Kava?
Warm I think is fine. Boiling not good. Give the chaser shots a try they are truly great.