What's new

Froze My Kava By Accident

CanAwa

1 kava 2 kava 3 kava COUCH
There's like a yellow film all piled up in the middle . Would those be kavalactones ?

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Okay, now you have to do a write up. Did the rest of the liquid (I think that's liquid right?) do anything? That yellow stuff, was it actually solid?

CanAwa

It wasn't solid ..honestly it almost looked like yellow phlegm ..I used a turkey baster and removed it from the rest and injected it straight into my shell ..hit me like a ton of bricks . To be fair I already had 3 shells of melo melo mixed with mood and mind but I wasn't nearly on the level this took things too . I guess to control this experiment I would of had to down the shell with it alone to know for sure

infraredz

BULA!
It wasn't solid ..honestly it almost looked like yellow phlegm ..I used a turkey baster and removed it from the rest and injected it straight into my shell ..hit me like a ton of bricks . To be fair I already had 3 shells of melo melo mixed with mood and mind but I wasn't nearly on the level this took things too . I guess to control this experiment I would of had to down the shell with it alone to know for sure
Along these lines, in order to try to get a good determination of what percentage lactone content that stuff has would be to:

1. Use controlled amount of kava and same strain
2. Prepare normally, then freeze
3. Consume the only yellow stuff
4. Do a little mental "write up" on strength, effects, etc

1. Use controlled amount of kava and same strain
2. Prepare normally, then freeze
3. Consume only the non-yellow stuff
4. Do a little mental "write up" on strength, effects, etc and compare to above

The second part is important, but you probably will want to end up thawing it and drinking it but I would say for the sake of science, might as well at least wait 30-45mins if you feel little effect.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
I'm pretty interested in how potent the yellow stuff is...if just it alone makes up a high enough percentage of the total kavalactone content you could potentially get over whelmed if you consume it all at once. As it would be like consuming all of your nights shells in one. Which could be good or bad depending on the strain, tablespoons and your own personal fortitude.:wacky:

D

Deactivated Account

I'm pretty interested in how potent the yellow stuff is...if just it alone makes up a high enough percentage of the total kavalactone content you could potentially get over whelmed if you consume it all at once. As it would be like consuming all of your nights shells in one. Which could be good or bad depending on the strain, tablespoons and your own personal fortitude.:wacky:
That yellow really floats up as it get to 100c in a boil. Sort of disapears dieapeers (sorry man im krunked) as you take it right to 100c & continue the boil. I live to be over whelmed btw.

D

Deleted User01

So I froze this kava by accident ..got a little krunked and forgot it in the freezer ..interesting thaw
That is interesting because some of these Kava drink recipes may require that we semi-freeze them before we take them to the beach. I presume that freezing does not damage Kavalactones?

CanAwa

The bowl was pure melo melo 1 cup water two heaping tablespoons root . I didn't drink the rest of the liquid as I had already consumed as many shells as my body feels it needs . One thing I did notice which I thought was strange was that when it froze the center where the supposed lactones were it was raised up and didn't freeze level with the rest of the liquid even tho it was sitting level in the freezer .

CanAwa

Freezing must not considering there is fresh frozen kava for sale !! Also because I got near floored of just a small shell of the liquid I extracted

D

Deleted User01

Honey I shrunk the Kava! So do you think you ended up with an extracted/concentrated Kava?

CanAwa

Honestly I think so ..but I'll have to do more experimenting . I'm sure you will notice things when you start doing frozen drinks .Another thing I did notice is that after it was thawed and started warming up more ..the gob of yellow slowly started sinking back Into the mixture ! That's when I extracted it ..before it sank completely