What's new

Gall Bladder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stelth

Kava Curious
I have, for some years, had attacks that I thought were purely muscular, and stress-related. Both of my folks have had problems with muscle spasms, so I was not surprised to find out that I do, too. However, the attacks in question are pretty specific, often starting in the mid-thoracic spine area, and radiating outwards, sometimes with stomach pain and bloating. My wife said that it sounds like gallstones. Sometimes in the evenings, the pain has been intense. I looked up gallstone symptoms and found that this particular pain meets all of them. It has been becoming more frequent recently. Now, that's not a diagnosis, just a suspicion.

What I've found, though, is that kava helps, particularly in fairly hefty doses. I'll whip up a batch or two, and slug it down, and along with other pleasant effects, the pain slowly recedes. Probably loosening up knotted muscles, and calming nerves.

Like most middle-aged folks, I've had my share of health issues, most of them thankfully minor, and I know that kava isn't a cure-all, but I wanted to share my most recent experience. Now that I think I'm having gall bladder attacks, I'm first going to change some dietary things, and work on stuff like that, and see how it goes. I have a good doctor, and I'll see him if I think it's necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.