What's new

Getting Ready for my Next Purchase

KavaKitty

Meaow
So, I've tried KWK's micronized borongoru and Squanch's Fiji Waka, along with a couple other strains, and I'm getting ready to invest in my next purchase. I tried the Papa, which I now call "Big Papa" because it thoroughly knocked me on my ass, but I'm looking for a general daytime kava, as I usually make a batch in the morning and drink it after my coffee. I prefer traditional prep, but I'm not opposed to micronized. Any suggestions? I'm so stoked about kava that I feel like I want to order a pound of EVERYTHING, but, clearly, that's not feasible. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I trust you guys to steer me in the right direction.

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
Since you have tried a Fiji and a Vanuatu root why not try a Tongan root?
It gets more deep with strains and Waka or Lawena but when I first got into kava I liked to try by country.

Ed!

Kava Enthusiast
Fu'u from Bula Kava House is a good daytime kava, but it looks like they're sold out right now. I find most Waka's to be good day-time kavas as well. Generally I find anything Hawaiian or Fijian to be more daytime appropriate.

Jerome

Kava Lover
Mo'i.

I had to speak in front of a large group the other morning at about 8:30. I started my day with Mo'i at 6:30, continued with more at 8 AM, got the speaking over with, had another table spoon at about 9, and a shot right before lunch, then a couple more table spoons before the drive home from work. I actually find it helps me focus but also makes me all smiley.

A close second in my opinion is the Pouni Ono that Kalm with Kava offers. I feel it is a little more "buzzy" than mo'i, which I like. It doesn't overly sedate you and it actually keeps me quite perky. It also gives me a gnarly case of the smileys.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
From the instant selection there's always BKH Instant Green. Might be more expensive but really does the job and good for daytime.

currentbun

Kavacidal Maniac
Mo'i.

A close second in my opinion is the Pouni Ono that Kalm with Kava offers. I feel it is a little more "buzzy" than mo'i, which I like. It doesn't overly sedate you and it actually keeps me quite perky. It also gives me a gnarly case of the smileys.
I agree with the Pouni Ono. It relieves the stress with a nice mellow edge. You may act slightly silly, but you'll be productive and have a good start to your day.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
So, I've tried KWK's micronized borongoru and Squanch's Fiji Waka, along with a couple other strains, and I'm getting ready to invest in my next purchase. I tried the Papa, which I now call "Big Papa" because it thoroughly knocked me on my ass, but I'm looking for a general daytime kava, as I usually make a batch in the morning and drink it after my coffee. I prefer traditional prep, but I'm not opposed to micronized. Any suggestions? I'm so stoked about kava that I feel like I want to order a pound of EVERYTHING, but, clearly, that's not feasible. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I trust you guys to steer me in the right direction.
I say get Squanch's Fiji Lawena...it's my fav. :hungry:::happyshell::