What's new

Green Chile Kava

JohnMichael

Kava Synchronized
Also known as New Mexico kava. I used some Wow kava and added green chiles. I should have blended them. As it was, it was the first kava I’ve had to chew. For those of you that like to mask kava’s flavor, this definitely works! All I tasted was the chiles. I’m reminded why I love kava “straight.”
IMG_3830.jpeg
IMG_3831.jpeg

bogmonkey

Kava? Yes please!
I only drink kava straight, (with a some half and half added to give it a creamier texture)
I've been drinking kava so long now that the taste doesn't bother me one bit...it's the taste of nature and peace.

JohnMichael

Kava Synchronized
I only drink kava straight, (with a some half and half added to give it a creamier texture)
I've been drinking kava so long now that the taste doesn't bother me one bit...it's the taste of nature and peace.
Agreed. Kava is by far better on its own. We had tried green chiles on everything else since moving to New Mexico, so we had to try a one-off with kava. :)

Bubba Bula

krunkadelic relic
@JohnMichael how does Wow compare with Stone? I've been drinking Stone lately and am curious about your experience with Wow.
According to Nakamal's web site, the chemotypes are:

Wow: 423165
Stone: 423165

So I have to wonder if they're basically the same. Have you tried both?

Bubba Bula

krunkadelic relic
Unsweetened Silk Coconut Milk is also good with kava.

JohnMichael

Kava Synchronized
@JohnMichael how does Wow compare with Stone? I've been drinking Stone lately and am curious about your experience with Wow.
According to Nakamal's web site, the chemotypes are:

Wow: 423165
Stone: 423165

So I have to wonder if they're basically the same. Have you tried both?
I've drunk quite a few batches of both Stone and Wow. Chemotypes only take you so far in knowing how a kava will affect you. My wife and I most enjoy cultivars that are balanced. We like an initial euphoric sense that morphs into body relaxation. There are lots of good kava cultivars that work this way. Back to Stone: we lived in south Florida for over a decade and liked the overnight delivery from NAH. We don't drink Stone much anymore because it feels too heavy on the "2" part of the chemotype to us. Overall, the experience is a little too intense and can lead to some difficulty sleeping. At least for us. Wow is potent, but overall more pleasant. And, for us, enhances sleep.

Bubba Bula

krunkadelic relic
Thanks for the info. NAH is one of my go-to vendors & I like that they always post the analysis of their kava for all to see. I live two-days :angelic away via USPS and their shipping is always prompt. I do agree about what you say concerning chemotypes, however its a good starting point otherwise its just a pure roll of the dice on whats in the bag.