What's new

Greetings from stressful Phoenix

Roaddog

Kava Who?
Well, I did one tablespoon in apple juice and then about 30 minutes later a half tablespoon in fruit punch. I didn't feel anything to crazy, but I am feeling relaxed and very ready for bed. Which is a welcome sensation, normally at this time of night I just feel the unavoidable urge to work, and guilt if I don't. So, maybe this is the treat I've been after. I could also be getting the "reverse tolerance" thing, so we will go another round tomorrow evening. The fruit punch was better, but I also only had half the Kava. I think drinking two glasses with less kava may be better. The slight taste of the powder actually didn't seem horrible, but the full tablespoon was super nasty! I never felt any stomach issues, or weirdness at all, which builds some confidence in it. I'm stoked to try another drink tomorrow. Cheers!!!
I don't know, I wouldn't be afraid to push it a little further. Maybe add an extra tea spoon or two. also try your dose all at once, and see what you think. Some folks drink shells every 30 minutes, I chug 3/4 of a quart, at a time. But that's ground root powder. I wouldn't worry about the taste. I would make it potent, and chase it down with the same fruit juice I used to make the tea. Just my 2 cents. But glad you had a good experience. But its OK to get krunked too, once in a while. A little double vision, never hurt anyone. Much love. Roaddog....

Well, I turned it up a touch this evening. I tossed two tablespoons in apple cider. I can certainly tell the difference, but not overkill. I dont want to find "krunked". I have never liked drunk or high and one time shrooms were a poor descison. I like to be in control.

On a side note, I am still researching other means of coping with anxiety and found a term or " diagnosis" for what I am going through. Its called catastrophizing. Immediately going to the worst case scenario and dwelling on it, I've called it pessimism, but that doesn't really seem right. The definition for catastrophizing is spot on. Nice to give this shit a name. Kava seems to be relaxing. I ordered a pound of med grind from GHK. Time to learn how to do it myself and get past the instant kava cost. This has been a $22 weekend. I would like a little kava on a regular basis, time to get a more budget friendly way of relaxing.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
The beautiful thing about kava overall is that you're never out of control. Your thinking remains intact. You remain you.

I got my second order from GKH today. I order 1 lb of medium grind and a little bag of instant. I tossed two table spoons in apple cider and had some instant this evening. It made me a little itchy, which is a similar reaction I get to pain killers. Weird, but no big deal. What strainer do you use on this medium grind, or better yet, where can I buy locally?

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
I prefer fijian strainers which you can order online from various nakamals, but you can use a variety of household items: nylon stockings, tide laundry bags, paint or jelly strainers. (try doubling up the paint/jelly strainers or nylon stockings if you go that route).