What's new

Greetings to everyone...

Introspect

Kava Curious
I am grateful to have found this community. I have suffered from anxiety and depression most of my life and at times it's gets really severe. Of course, the 'docs' tried to put me on all this mental medication when I would go through things (deal with the severity of my anxiety and depression) but years ago I winged myself off of all that stuff. Recently I've dealt with a lot and been affected horribly by the anxiety and depression so I began to do some research about natural remedies. After days of research I narrowed it down to either Passionflower or Kava. Went back to the first list I came across for herbal/organic teas to help with the things that hinder me at times, and decided on Kava. There is a local shop called House of Health here so I picked up the Gaia Herbs tincture extract (the owner said that's what he uses) and it really helped a lot. It curbed my anxiety and stress tremendously while helping me get back to a clear, focused mind (it's almost like it seems to work with the potential that already lies within somehow... if that even makes sense, lol). I have had a habit of turning to cannabis to curb anxiety and stress at times, but since yesterday after trying Kava I really don't have a desire to turn to that anymore (wanted to break my dependency of that anyway, so it's like hitting 2 birds with one stone so to speak). I am grateful to have found a natural remedy for my stress, anxiety, insomnia, dependencies, ect. and look forward to obtaining the root powder once I do a little more research on the best places to get it. Forgive me for drawn out message... just feeling a bit sociable from the Kava tonight. :)

Introspect

Kava Curious
Welcome! Let's get you some real kava. It will knock your socks off.
Thank you. Definitely looking forward to it. Only had the tincture for a day and a half and it's already over half gone (1 fl oz. bottle). Mainly trying to wait until later in the day to take it to stretch it out some. I actually enjoy the taste as well when I mix it in warm water, but I'm sure I will love it when I am able to get some pure, quality Kava to prepare for myself at home.

Last edited:

Mesh

Kava Curious
It's mildly calming to me to know that I'm not the only one. Sorry you had to go through that man.
Sounds similar to my life story minus the meds. I was lucky enough to not cross any docs paths, as I had my own way of dealing with depression/anxiety/stress.
I feel ya and agree with you that it works with the potential that lies within. I've had that feeling when out in public while on kava, normally I'm an anxious/nervous individual and have a hard time having conversations with people. The way I talk to and handle people after having a couple shells makes it feel absolutely effortless. I'm not held back in anyway and I don't have trouble figuring out what to say, it all just FLOWS.. Guess I had that inside of me all along.. It truly is an amazing plant.

Make sure to get back to us and post a report when you've gotten your hands on some "real" kava. :)

Introspect

Kava Curious
It's mildly calming to me to know that I'm not the only one. Sorry you had to go through that man.
Sounds similar to my life story minus the meds. I was lucky enough to not cross any docs paths, as I had my own way of dealing with depression/anxiety/stress.
I feel ya and agree with you that it works with the potential that lies within. I've had that feeling when out in public while on kava, normally I'm an anxious/nervous individual and have a hard time having conversations with people. The way I talk to and handle people after having a couple shells makes it feel absolutely effortless. I'm not held back in anyway and I don't have trouble figuring out what to say, it all just FLOWS.. Guess I had that inside of me all along.. It truly is an amazing plant.

Make sure to get back to us and post a report when you've gotten your hands on some "real" kava. :)
Will do, and thank you for relating. It's reassuring when things come up that remind us we are not alone in this journey and others can relate and may be dealing with things similar to us. It's also amazing that there is so much in creation to help us with various things... but sad greed takes over people (big pharma so to speak) and they try to suppress what really helps naturally... kinda like how they did Tesla in a way come to think of it. Anyway... I could go on for days about that, lol.

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
I can recommend Paradise Kava's instant as a good onboarding to The Real Deal without having to do the prep yourself. I haven't tried, but have heard rave reviews of Gourmet Hawaiian Kava's instants as well. The M'oi variety he grows is astounding.

You're in for a real treat if the tincture is working for you already. Seriously, you'll be amazed by the real article.

Introspect

Kava Curious
I can recommend Paradise Kava's instant as a good onboarding to The Real Deal without having to do the prep yourself. I haven't tried, but have heard rave reviews of Gourmet Hawaiian Kava's instants as well. The M'oi variety he grows is astounding.

You're in for a real treat if the tincture is working for you already. Seriously, you'll be amazed by the real article.
I actually just read a review on the Mo'i instant from GHK. I think I may start out with a recommended instant then move to the root powder (from my research so far it seems that Mo'i or Borongoru may be good for daytime and maybe Mahakea for later in the evening?). So glad I came across this community, you guys are great. :)

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
I actually just read a review on the Mo'i instant from GHK. I think I may start out with a recommended instant then move to the root powder (from my research so far it seems that Mo'i or Borongoru may be good for daytime and maybe Mahakea for later in the evening?). So glad I came across this community, you guys are great. :)
I agree in your choices. You can't go wrong with M'oi, it's the happiest, most social kava I've had yet. And Borongoru is a fantastic Vanuatu kava. I haven't had Mahakea, but will try it this week. I usually drink my kava in the evening either way.

Yes, the kavaforums is a gold mine of knowledgeable enthusiasts and evaneglists, and a supportive community that I myself just found two months ago. In terms of managing my own depression caused by anxiety, it's been a tremendous boon to my recovery. Welcome!

Jake o Links

Krunkin with Sasquatch!
Agreed on all accounts. The forum is an amazing cross cultural almalgam with folks from all walks of life sharing kava with open heart and open mind... and that's as hippy as I'm willing to be tonight. The tincture also worked for me streight away, so I was quick to jump into the real thing ASAP!

Mesh

Kava Curious
@Introspect Word brotha, I could talk about big pharma and greed all day as well. And don't even get me started on Tesla.. The guy was absolutely amazing to say the least, and the shit they pulled on him..::madmadfacez:: With that being said, the guy was and still is majorly unappreciated. "If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency, and vibration." - Nikola Tesla

ps - Not to sound corny or anything, but imo when people say follow/listen to your heart, there's a lot more to it than the average person thinks.

Jake o Links

Krunkin with Sasquatch!
Im a big Tesla fan. Evil is rampant and growing. The human race continues to be ultimately destructive when good ole Tessla gave the world clean energy 100 years ago. The oil industry is out dated and not needed, yet the humans with the money wont let it die. Wars are waged over it (profit generating death machines). I don't know much about oil's roll in the natural world, bit I'd imagine the stuff is there (under ground) for a very good reason.

D

Deleted User01

@Introspect, welcome to the Kava Forums. ::awesomesmiles:: And your timing was perfect. @Henry just started a thread about kava as legal high. I got my hands on some cannabis the other day (after 20 years since my last puff) and the effects were were way to harsh and strong for me. I was grateful to go back to kava the next day. It's all about relaxing, retaining clarity of mind, and revitalizing your body with some heavy solid sleep.

Introspect

Kava Curious
By reading the new comments here and my new found passion for discovering more plants and herbs that heal (and how that's a threat to the big companies) I am reminded of one of my favorite quotes of all time. "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Thanks again for the warm welcome everyone, it's truly appreciated. :)

mitchwFSU

Kava Curious
Thank you. Definitely looking forward to it. Only had the tincture for a day and a half and it's already over half gone (1 fl oz. bottle). Mainly trying to wait until later in the day to take it to stretch it out some. I actually enjoy the taste as well when I mix it in warm water, but I'm sure I will love it when I am able to get some pure, quality Kava to prepare for myself at home.
Greetings again introspect! I also tried the tincture, but my first order of good stuff came the next day, so the tincture now sits alone. I suppose I could use it to bolster the strength of my grog, but don't really know what cultivar it's extracted with. And the root powder blows my socks off so no love lost there. Mitch

Jake o Links

Krunkin with Sasquatch!
I see that as one of the problems with tinctures. The one I had killed my back pain... possibly better, and at a lower dose than anything else I have had so far. Which cultivar to use to replicate that effect? No idea! :( The bottle says kava kava. That's all the info you get. (note: it assures that only the root is used. I noticed a real nice effect the next day. Not unpleasant at all... was it a two day? No one knows!) Wish I knew the cultivar. I've been thinking about contacting them and simply asking, hut I kind of doubt they would tell me, and they might not even know...

Introspect

Kava Curious
@mitchwFSU
Nice... look forward to placing my first order of root powder soon. If I have any of the tincture left after that I have thought about possibly mixing it with some lotion to rub on my back for aches or maybe temples when a bad headache comes about. Not sure how well that would work, just happened to cross my mind, lol.

mitchwFSU

Kava Curious
@mitchwFSU
Nice... look forward to placing my first order of root powder soon. If I have any of the tincture left after that I have thought about possibly mixing it with some lotion to rub on my back for aches or maybe temples when a bad headache comes about. Not sure how well that would work, just happened to cross my mind, lol.
Good idea let us know. Maybe mixed with coconut oil and left out so the alcohol solvent evaporates. I dunno

Introspect

Kava Curious
@Jake o Links
Was it an alcohol based tincture? That's the main thing I don't like about the tincture I purchased, but I did find a vendor that came up with an extraction method using pure water... not sure what strain of Kava he uses though.

Jake o Links

Krunkin with Sasquatch!
I read on a vender sight (or somewhere) fairly recently that someone did make a muscle rub and it does work. They said to put some root in some olive oil and let it sit for a week or two. Strain and slop it on. Haven't tried it yet but I SURE WILL! Will report when I do. They didn't mention amounts, hut I think I'd start with 2 tbls spoons of root and just enough oil to cover it completely. Will post my findings, but I'm not ready to start it off just yet. Lack of time sucks sometimes... I could be missing out though seeing my particular problem with back pain and all. Will try it eventually, and post results.............