What's new

Greetings

kaverted

Well, I ordered GHK's instant sampler a few weeks ago, and I've found kava to be remarkably effective as an anxiolytic. I've struggled with anxiety to varying degrees all my life, but never found an acceptable treatment until now. Thankfully, I've avoided going down the route of alcohol abuse or opiates, etc. (I drink moderately -- maybe 2 or 3 beers or glasses of wine per week with a nice meal, some whisky or gin maybe once a month, but that's about it.) Doctors have recommended SSRIs and other pharmaceuticals over the years, but I've stayed away from that due to the side effects. I've seen several other people taking SSRIs for decades with seemingly little benefit.

I've experimented with various psychedelics, and they are effective at reducing anxiety as well as other benefits, but not practical on a day-to-day basis. Cannabis helps, but like being drunk, I can't do much else while under the influence, so I've mostly avoided it.

However, I've been taking Moi in the morning, Mahakea in the afternoon and Nene at night, and have been almost entirely free of anxiety. It combines well with my morning coffee, and I've been more productive than usual. I don't feel much euphoria or anything, the anxiety is just, blessedly, not there. The Mahakea seemed to agree with me best, so I ordered more of that. Interestingly, on the days that I skipped kava, the positive effects were still present to some extent.

It turns out there is also a kava bar near me, so spent an evening there recently to see what it was like in a more social setting. I suppose that is the first time I felt "krunked", which I didn't care for, but prior to reaching that stage, it was an enjoyable experience and will likely return.

I bought some Waka from the bar, and just made that up for the first time this afternoon. It seems to hit me a lot harder than the GHK instant, so I'll have to be careful. The process of using ground root isn't as inconvenient as it sounded, so I'll probably explore that more to save money. I don't find the taste nearly as unpleasant as some have suggested, especially the instants. I might even be acquiring a taste for kava, and I find the numbness oddly appealing. I do feel the dryness in my skin now, and it may be making my tinnitus slightly worse, but I can live with both of those things so long as it continues to keep the beast of anxiety at bay.

Anyway, I thought I would share my rambling newbie experience.

Sam Handwich

Kava Enthusiast
Welcome! Thanks for introducing yourself. I agree that Mahakea is a great choice for anxiety reduction. I'd also recommend looking into getting all Aluball to make your medium grind preparation quick and easy.

Mesh

Kava Curious
Hey! Welcome @kaverted. I'm glad kava is working for you.

I can relate to the anxiety a little, probably nowhere near as bad as yours. But, once upon a time I would get anxiety before doing some of the most mundane things. I'm thankful that it's long gone, and kava has def helped along the way.

Thanks for sharing! And I hope to see you around the forums ::happyshell::

D

Deleted User01

Welcome @kaverted. Wait a minute, I'm going to start singing. Oh noooooo....
Kava in the morning, Kava in the evening, Kava in the afternoon. Be my little Moi Moi, and love me all the time. :D