What's new

Guy with high tolerance looking for the strongest possible kava

GussWest

Kava Enthusiast
Use the boiling method from GHK Chris for a stronger grog.
Too strong for me and I don't like the (considerably worse) taste.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
I wish there was a nice way to say this.

But if you are looking for the strongest Kava, you need to learn more about Kava before you continue. First, you need to learn how to listen to the Kava. It is like no other plant in the world. It speaks to those who want to hear. Next, drink a really sedating smooth Kava like a Boronguru, or perhaps Stone is you want that punch.

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
Ugh, the slow boil Kava method is dreadful. Don't, just don't.
I generally use my vitamix to start my kava off ( then dump it into a stocking and squeeze)! Left the kitchen for a bit, came back to this thick, hot, and bubbling sludge. Good kava ain't cheap so I Drank it! Couldn't drink kava for a month without gagging...

Kavaguy

Kava Enthusiast
Are you guys saying boiling changes the flavor in that if you drink it warm, it tastes worse, or that even if you chill it that it tastes bad?

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Are you guys saying boiling changes the flavor in that if you drink it warm, it tastes worse, or that even if you chill it that it tastes bad?
It degrades the consistency and potency of KL's not to mention throwing it down the hatch.

Strong kavas; Nangol Noble, Hanakapi'ai, Kava Supreme, Stone, WoW & Nambawan.

Reactions: EQ

Kavaguy

Kava Enthusiast
I read that if you heat the water to 120 it will make it more potent but any more than that will make it a bit weaker. I wonder if heating it at all makes the taste worse, so I am going to give it a try.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I read that if you heat the water to 120 it will make it more potent but any more than that will make it a bit weaker. I wonder if heating it at all makes the taste worse, so I am going to give it a try.
I think Kapm was saying that's what he uses it at, I believe above 140 is when they become less effective.

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
oh the taste (for me at least) is WAY worse. But then again Kava with the consistency of boiling Tomatoe soup (makas and all) is... just... ::nooooooo::::manlytear:::dead:

Myk

Kava Enthusiast
The strongest kava I've ever had was this week, I bought some 5 star from Kava Kauai. I've had Stone and Wow and they were enjoyable
but not even in the same building with Kava Kauai's 5 Star for potency. This might just be me but I drink a lot of kava and have for many years
and this hit me like nothing else. It is very spendy but man is it strong.