What's new

Guy with high tolerance looking for the strongest possible kava

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
Interesting, are you a daily kava drinker?
Yes every day but I rarely get dermo. It usually combines with winter itch season snd shaving. So this time of year I have to hit lots of lotion but the coconut oil coffee seems to be working just as good or better than the lotion. @Krunʞy told me about it. He gets dermo often and he eats coconut oil and uses it as a lotion.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Yes every day but I rarely get dermo. It usually combines with winter itch season snd shaving. So this time of year I have to hit lots of lotion but the coconut oil coffee seems to be working just as good or better than the lotion. @Krunʞy told me about it. He gets dermo often and he eats coconut oil and uses it as a lotion.
Ah dermo, took a bath in coconut oil yesterday, then covered the bad spots with Vaseline to lock in the moisture.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
For me, it seems that milk brings out the bitterness in the kava, so I have been using lecithin granules. Do you or anyone else think that milk works better?
Kava is bitter whatever but I don't mind so much. There's a very long story behind my use of milk in my kava but yes, definitely better with milk. It seems to help my body use the kava better. If I don't drink with milk then next day I could drink some milk in the morning and get a huge kava rush as if the kava was being reactivated which can border on unpleasant. With milk I need less root to get the same effect at the time of drinking.

Kavaguy

Kava Enthusiast
So I received my Nakamal at Home Stone kava, soaked it for several hrs, added lecithin, blended it, and kneaded it for 10 minutes each for two separate batches and drank it all in a half an hour. I did everything by the book and s frustrated that I only got a very mild buzz, even after not eating for 6 hours. Who knows, maybe I got an off batch, or just that I have a high tolerance. This is too bad, since the only stuff that works is 1/4 cup micronized Kalm kava, which costs about $10/day. Still worth it though. Any suggestions as to prepare the Stone differently would be appreciated.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
So I received my Nakamal at Home Stone kava, soaked it for several hrs, added lecithin, blended it, and kneaded it for 10 minutes each for two separate batches and drank it all in a half an hour. I did everything by the book and s frustrated that I only got a very mild buzz, even after not eating for 6 hours. Who knows, maybe I got an off batch, or just that I have a high tolerance. This is too bad, since the only stuff that works is 1/4 cup micronized Kalm kava, which costs about $10/day. Still worth it though. Any suggestions as to prepare the Stone differently would be appreciated.
What you consider a high tolerance could just be reverse tolerance, I don't think you are doing anything wrong on the prep. Just drink it daily and effects should be more noticeable over time.
Remember that drinking kava will produce subtle effects, it will never compare to alcohol or other substances (and thank goodness for that).

Kavaguy

Kava Enthusiast
For the past few months, I have been consuming about a pound a week, so I would think reverse tolerance would have taken llace by now. It actually seems like my tolerance is increasing, as I used to get a nice buzz with just a 1/4 cup.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
For the past few months, I have been consuming about a pound a week, so I would think reverse tolerance would have taken llace by now. It actually seems like my tolerance is increasing, as I used to get a nice buzz with just a 1/4 cup.
Well it sounds like everything should be on par, unfortunately kava doesn't work for everyone. My final thought and advice is to go back to the micro for a little while and see if you get better results. I wish you luck in your journey.

Kavaguy

Kava Enthusiast
Thanks a lot. I have seen "instant" kava for sale. I understand the advantage is you can use less than micronized. Could you or anyone tell me how the effects of it compare to regular powder?

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Thanks a lot. I have seen "instant" kava for sale. I understand the advantage is you can use less than micronized. Could you or anyone tell me how the effects of it compare to regular powder?
Instant is certainly more convenient, I don't thinks it's stronger but I could be misinformed, I tried it 2 times I think, it's way too pricey for me.

Señor Chuggs

Friend of Kava
Reading up on this thread is compelling me to get Stone on my next kava haul.... I've been drinking so much Waka lately. Gotta change it up.

I left a bag of Lawena at my dads house by mistake over Thanksgiving... Hopefully it's still there for Xmas. Otherwise Dad's got some 'splaining to do.

Tfin

Kava Enthusiast
I have been putting a tablespoon of coconut oil in my coffee for the last three weeks and haven't needed to use lotion anymore.
Just started doing this same thing about a week ago (that is when I have coffee in the morning.....usually Mate now). Consuming coconut oil has all kinds of other health benefits associated with it. My wife thinks I'm a bit wacked over the last year.....all this kava, Moringa, Yerba Mate, and coconut oil. ;)

You can boost the power of any strain by adding a good quality instant powder like BKH or KWK. Last night I made up a batch of Borogu and then added a little bit of KWK concentrate to see if it would mask the taste.It worked so well I didn't even need my usual Gatorade chaser.It also gave the grog a serious increase in strength. I have a cast iron gut so I'm not sure if it would cause problems with nausea.I only get skin issues in the winter for some reason and found that switching to Ivory soap helps pretty good. Amlactin works well too but I only use it on my hands.Proceed with caution when using a booster.A little goes a long way.

Kavaguy

Kava Enthusiast
That is interesting, and I will have to give it a try. What would you say the advantage of doing this way is, is it that it is less expensive than just using micronized or instant, or do you think combining the regular powder strained mix with instant/micronized has a synergstic effect?

Kava_Joe

Kava Curious
When I want a show stopper I go to GHK Papa Kea ! The cool thing about Hawaiian Kava is even the Heavy Ones have a Great Taste to me.

That is interesting, and I will have to give it a try. What would you say the advantage of doing this way is, is it that it is less expensive than just using micronized or instant, or do you think combining the regular powder strained mix with instant/micronized has a synergstic effect?
I don't think this saves money,it's a case of X amount of $=X amount of kavalactones so for me it's just a way to get "there" a little quicker if I get a late start or just to tighten up a weak batch. I rarely get the same effect if I drink the same mix every night no matter what the strain or it's strength. Sometimes I try bargain brands and get lucky but if it's weak I just add a little of something else to make things interesting.My preferred method is to start a session early and simply drink more if it's weak batch but if I don't want to stretch the night out I just use the additives.My ideal session would be a balanced kava lasting a few hours followed by some good food.The food puts me out like a light switch so I love it when I get the timing just right.And it's just plain fun to play mad scientist too! I don't get to play every night like I'd like to so after a few nights off I like to start slow and see how things go.I try to keep in mind that this stuff is finicky and unpredictable,at least for me because we all know how it affects us all differently.

Kavaguy

Kava Enthusiast
I just prepared a cup of Stone with 2 glasses of water and lecithin. Feel a stronger buzz, similar to 1/4 cup micronized. Good thing about it is that it stays with you longer then micronized, so it will help me sleep, which is the main reason I drink Kava. I have been taking the coconut oil capsules for several days now and have noticed a difference alread in my skin. Tha k you for your recommendations.

Kavaguy

Kava Enthusiast
Kavakamikaze, I agree, it is kind of fun trying different methods and combinations. That is good to know about using a certain strain several days in a row. I will have to make note of that possibility.