What's new

Has anyone tried using a coffee grinder?

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
Hi there. Just curious for other herbs I have thrown them into a coffee grinder before preparing them in other ways. Such as baked goods or teas. Has anyone tried this for kava. I'm a newbie here and have tried the blender method, but if one has to really batter the root, what if I did the coffee grinder first before making grog or throwing it into the blender? Would it make the root too fine and thus difficult to strain? Or would it just make things more awesome?

Rooty2D

Kava Curious
Hi there. Just curious for other herbs I have thrown them into a coffee grinder before preparing them in other ways. Such as baked goods or teas. Has anyone tried this for kava. I'm a newbie here and have tried the blender method, but if one has to really batter the root, what if I did the coffee grinder first before making grog or throwing it into the blender? Would it make the root too fine and thus difficult to strain? Or would it just make things more awesome?
I have thought the same thing myself but have never tried it .

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
Ok good to know. I'll opt for getting a good strainer bag instead. I'm so new that I've been using a bandanna for now until I can get the proper type of strainer lol! Just made from grog by kneading. I can't knead for very long so the pestle idea sounds perfect. Thank you for your ideas.

Rooty2D

Kava Curious
Ok good to know. I'll opt for getting a good strainer bag instead. I'm so new that I've been using a bandanna for now until I can get the proper type of strainer lol! Just made from grog by kneading. I can't knead for very long so the pestle idea sounds perfect. Thank you for your ideas.
Try a Alu Ball from Kavafied , Their root is a grind that is designed to be used with their Alu Ball . Traditional is best but Alu ball is a close second .

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Over time I've become convinced that dermo is a question of hydration but also a good bag. I use really good nut milk bags and have no problems.