What's new

Hawaiian 'Awas that are very heavy?

BulamamatoNCIRVCKKPC

Learn to love me, assemble the ways...
I browsed the website (very nice site, BTW, Chris!). I have purchased one kava already when he had a balanced variety on special. I cannot get my favorite kavas from KWK right now. Recommendations for Hawaiian 'Awas that are heavy (sort of like Melo Melo or Vula Waka type heavy). I'd love to buy more 'Awa! Bula and thank you!

Zaphod

Kava Lover
I always found hanky panky (aka Hanakapi Ai ) to be very heavy and strong. Not quite the heavy hitter as a heavy Fijians or Vanuatus but heavy with still a distinctly Hawaiian heady quality.

BulamamatoNCIRVCKKPC

I always found hanky panky (aka Hanakapi Ai ) to be very heavy and strong. Not quite the heavy hitter as a heavy Fijians or Vanuatus but heavy with still a distinctly Hawaiian heady quality.
Thank you for your response. I'll check out stock on that one. I am leaning toward ROH pastes for nighttime. I might even think about opening the bag of PNG and just adding a half tablespoonful to my mix of balanced kava. I did not know how potent that one was until after I purchased it. Therefore, never even opened it. It just may come in handy now, in very small amounts at a time. Bula!

BulamamatoNCIRVCKKPC

Also, I do NOT want an exteremely heavy one anyway. Only because I do have plenty of heavy Fijians on hand. So, this sounds like a solid heavy (like Melo??) but not too crazy heavy like Vinaka Waka, where I only either mix that one or use it for sleep. Thanks again! Every kava has its purpose. This sounds like a good one!

Palmetto

Thank God!
Papa kea has some effects strong, but I wouldn't describe it as heavy compared to non polynesian varieties. That being said, I've been disappointed by the melo melos I've tried. I think Hawaiian kavas are very good for euphoria, but you go elsewhere for heaviness. I've also drank pounds of "heavy" Fijians, but don't think they're really in the heavy category. I do think Papa Ele Ele has some of the Vanuatuan spaced out effect that I feel sometimes. Ikaika mix from @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava is quite good for an overall balanced feel. I was on a heavies only kick for over a year, but I am quite over it now. DHM might be okay sometimes while you're drinking it, but it sucks after the first hour and moreso the next day. DHK gives more of a stupid spaced out heaviness to it than DHM, makes your muscles sore the next day if you have too much, but isn't as unpleasant as DHM the day after.