What's new

Heady Kava Rut!

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
For better or worse, after hitting some amazing heady experiences with KWK Fiji Loa, it's like my kava receptors have changed some what. Now pretty much any kava I make hits me heady. The effects duration will be different by kava type, but I still get a heady hit. At first this was fun, but man :wacky:, I have to watch my dose now. For example I only made a single heaping tablespoon of hanakapi'ai and I was like, up oh got to mow the grass but my head says nope! It only lasted five minutes so grass got mowed! I have a couple qts on this.

1, when I tried kava again a few months ago it gave me exactly what I needed. Some restful sleep, calmed nerves and pain relief. I never considered myself having RT, cause it did what I wanted. Could this have been what others are calling RT because they were looking for headyness?

2, this is by far not a complaint and I have had to cut back on my kava shell dose (read cheaper!), but is this a normal response or just a result of our mistress's fickleness and may change tomorrow?

Last edited:

greenbeen

Kava Enthusiast
Very interesting. You bring up some great points. I cant be of much help because im not a kava veteran by any means. The only thing i immediately think of after reading is other variables. Such as your settings, life stresses, exercise, food intake, caffeine intake, sleep pattern, new meds, or change in the time you take meds (if any). Have any of these variables changed significantly from when you had sedated effects to when you had heady effects?? Also have you gone back to an old cultivar which you used to get sedation from which you now get headyness from?

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
Works has been a bit more stressful. Went back to a tried and true boroguru and still got some headyness. Don't get me wrong it can be fun, but I have to be aware and slow the shells down a bit ;)

Bradley666

Kava Enthusiast
Just my opinion but I would guess the loa waka with it's crazy headiness it provides, probably made regular kava, or even kava that once normally would make you sleepy with
no headiness at all, maybe some how it re-introduced you "in some way" to a new and exciting kava world lol...that you weren't aware of until you started downing the loa waka?
I will agree, I have a supply of a good 10 different kids of root powerder, extracts, instants and a little micro and none of it will come close to touching the fiji loa waka in terms of strength and effects of the brain, it hits like a train, fast and furious and your right, it does make your normal dose "shells" go down! I was doing 3-4 tbsp at one point of say pouni ono and then when I recieved the loa waka and reading everyones thoughts on it, I decided to start with just 2 tbsp...well even that was to much the first time because I drank 3/4 of it all and I was set for many hours, I was feeling so good and buzzed I rinsed out my kava bowl with some of the loa waka still in it, because I didn't want to even think about kava at that point, I was set! :)