What's new

Heady Kavas??

Kava4All

Kava Curious
So when I drink heady kava I get very irritable does anyone else have this problem. No issues here with heavy though.

WaltonGroggins

a.k.a. "Kount Grogula"
I've experienced this, but I think it's more due to "set and setting" than heady kavas by nature.

I've noticed that some heady kavas behave as a "non-specific amplifier," making both positive and negative emotions more powerful.

So far I've had mostly heady kavas, but I'd agree that heavy ones have more predictable/reliable effects.

For all these reasons I can understand why those drawn to kava for anxiolytic purposes might prefer the heavy or more balanced cultivars

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
Yes; but I wouldn't blame "heady kavas" in a general way. Factors such as how much I had and how fast, the setting, etc make a difference. Also, some make me irritable hours later when I feel sleepy or less clear headed because I had too much at the start; others can make me restless right at the beginning. I think playing with dosage, hydration, how closely it is to the last time I had coffee etc etc all make a difference. Also, I am still really really unsure about this, but sometimes I think where the yangonin is in the chemotype might be a factor in this for me.

On the other hand, I got hit with some intense unexpected anxiety the other day and gulped down a couple tablespoons of 2 year old GHK Mo'i which feels headier and more potent than almost anything I've tried on the market right now, and it totally knocked out the anxiety; better than a heavy kava would have.

tarragon

Kava Curious
One time I had an unexpected temper explosion with no build up and no warning. It just came out of the blue. I've forgotten which type of kava I was drinking at the time. Now I am fairly peaceful most of the time and if I do get irritable it doesn't stick to me like it used to, it just slides right by without doing any harm. I'm very curious if that explosion was the kava squeezing all my anger from my past right out of me.

Kava4All

Kava Curious
I did consider it may have been amplifying maybe stress I was having that day. Last night I tried vula waka for the first time and it didn't have that effect. So I'm starting to think I will only have heady on my good days. Thank you all!