What's new

Hello and I'm a newbie

dustforlife

Kava Curious
Hi everyone! I'm a newbie to Kava and forums in general. I am looking for beginners advice on where to start with which Kava? I've read so much on so many different types I am now on overload and don't know where to start. What I am hoping to achieve is to decrease my alcohol intake, but still get the euphoria and blissful feeling it gives me. A friend turned me onto Kava but lives far away. She buys a generic brand and I want to make sure I am getting the best bang for my buck, high quality and noble for sure, but also which type I should start with. Your expertise is needed and Thank you!

dustforlife

Kava Curious
And after all my initial research I want to start with GHK micronized, but which strain would be best for me?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
If you're looking for a stronger sedative kava from GHK, the Nene is a great candidate. If you're looking for a more uplifting kava the Moi is absolutely stellar.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
They definitely don't cancel each other out. Mixing them would be the best of both worlds. I actually just bought a lb of instant moi, and a lb of instant Nene for my wife, and I'm sure we'll be mixing them to find the correct "formula" (so to speak) :)

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
have you tried mixing them together or do they cancel each other out?
They don't cancel. Nene and Mo'i are kava that I have on hand all the time as they're perfect for certain scenarios and are Best in Class as compared to others.

For something down the middle, Mahakea is popular, and I can attest that GHK's Papa Kea is a bruiser of a kava that's probably the strongest I've had. It's effects are body-dominant with headiness too. Mahakea doesn't work well for me, but is one of the favorite cultivars among many longtime knowledgeable kava lovers.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
If you have reverse tolerance, then just continue drinking it daily. You'll, all of a sudden, be hit with the full kava effects after a few weeks.

1-3 tablespoons of micronized kava should do the trick

dustforlife

Kava Curious
I did a third batch and got hit really hard. Like it made me a little nervous. High enough I wouldn't drive anywhere. So i did 2 tlbs per cup 3 times. Does this mean I do not have RT?

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
I did a third batch and got hit really hard. Like it made me a little nervous. High enough I wouldn't drive anywhere. So i did 2 tlbs per cup 3 times. Does this mean I do not have RT?
Sure sounds like it, dust... congratulations. Many (myself included) were not so lucky.